I did a thread like this at ToonZone before I left, so I thought I'd do this here...
So many cartoon series these days are obviously "rip-offs" so-to-speak of classic cartoon series from the 50's, 60's 70's, etc. Here are some of my examples...
* I am Weasel Vs. Bugs and Daffy: On I am Weasel, Weasel was always being bugged and challenged by the dimwitted I.R. Baboon, much like how Daffy is always bugging and trying to do better than Bugs Bunny.
* Courage the Cowardly Dog Vs. Scooby Doo: As much as I really hate to admit it, Courage is similiar to Scooby Doo in a few ways: a scaredy cat of a dog who works hard to save his masters from ghoulish creatures for the sake of love. Courage even had a Scoobyish attitude in one early episode: "Who has time to worry on an empty stomach?"
* Sheep in the Big City Vs. Rocky and Bullwinkle: Wise-cracking "wordy" narrator, the wacky inserts, the serial cliffhangers, animal stars with human enemies, need I say more?
* Time Squad Vs. Peabody's Improbable History: Both shows were aimed to make history fun for kids who hate history, they both were about traveling back in time to repair history, they both had adopted red-headed boys with glasses.
Those are just a few I could think of right now.
So many cartoon series these days are obviously "rip-offs" so-to-speak of classic cartoon series from the 50's, 60's 70's, etc. Here are some of my examples...
* I am Weasel Vs. Bugs and Daffy: On I am Weasel, Weasel was always being bugged and challenged by the dimwitted I.R. Baboon, much like how Daffy is always bugging and trying to do better than Bugs Bunny.
* Courage the Cowardly Dog Vs. Scooby Doo: As much as I really hate to admit it, Courage is similiar to Scooby Doo in a few ways: a scaredy cat of a dog who works hard to save his masters from ghoulish creatures for the sake of love. Courage even had a Scoobyish attitude in one early episode: "Who has time to worry on an empty stomach?"
* Sheep in the Big City Vs. Rocky and Bullwinkle: Wise-cracking "wordy" narrator, the wacky inserts, the serial cliffhangers, animal stars with human enemies, need I say more?
* Time Squad Vs. Peabody's Improbable History: Both shows were aimed to make history fun for kids who hate history, they both were about traveling back in time to repair history, they both had adopted red-headed boys with glasses.
Those are just a few I could think of right now.
Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
FIFA World Cup 2026 Final Halftime Show
The Muppet Show
Sesame Street Classics on YouTube
Back to the Rock Season 2
Sesame Street debuts on Netflix
Sam and Friends Book
Jim Henson Idea Man
Bear arrives on Disney+