Classic Canadian Sesame Street

sixdollarman

Reaction score
I also grew up watching both American and Canadian Sesame Street. That's how I learnt how to count to 10 in both French and Spanish! A couple of skits I remember were the live action animal shorts like the walruses falling into the ocean.
Also there was "I'm a polar, I'm a polar, I'm a polar bear!! Here in the ice and snow." I think the polar bear one was my favorite.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys

Id like to do a trade with a Canadian Muppet fan, Id like to get some episodes of Sesame Park, I have one at the moment and it really is a good show!

Anyone who can help, Please do!

thanks

prickle747

Reaction score
Warrick said:
Id like to do a trade with a Canadian Muppet fan, Id like to get some episodes of Sesame Park, I have one at the moment and it really is a good show!

Anyone who can help, Please do!

thanks

I see your from England.
Different formats on vcr's though NTSC and PAL,that won't work for me.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
everytime i visit canada and check the tv listings, sesame park is never listed! r u guys sure they still show re runs?

prickle747

Reaction score
punkNpuppets said:
everytime i visit canada and check the tv listings, sesame park is never listed! r u guys sure they still show re runs?
I have not seen Sesame Park on since 1996 or so.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Does The Sesame Street in Canada show Any Muppet Clips from The United States??You know like The Count,Cookie Monster,Bert,etc.?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
At least until very recently, the show was being occasionally rerun at odd times, on the weekend or very early in the morning. I could swear I saw it on early one morning in the last year. The show definately aired regularly on weekdays at least until 2000 as that was when it stopped production.

If you'd like to trade some tapes Warrick, email me privately as I could probably work something out with you.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
Does The Sesame Street in Canada show Any Muppet Clips from The United States??You know like The Count,Cookie Monster,Bert,etc.?
The original "Canadian Sesame Street" was on CBC and the same as the American show, but with some of the cartoons and live-action segments edited out and replaced with Canadian content. I think all the Muppet and Street segments were left in. Mostly, they replaced Spanish segments with French ones and there would be the odd skit about Canada's geography or culture. The full, unedited American version of Sesame was also available here on TVO until the late 80s.

Canadian Muppets were added to the CBC broadcasts in 1987 (I think). The show became "Sesame Park" in the mid-90s and all of the American content (including the regular Sesame Muppets) was no longer used.

prickle747

Reaction score
Dantecat said:

we get the same content now as the states,in the 70's - 90's french was becoming the new thing so french was being tought and french animated sketches were out.So yes in the past we have seen our share of muppet clips.But now Sesame Street is the same here (in canada) as the united states.there is no seperate sesame street for canada no longer,due to funding and tv funding i believe.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Sesame Street is not actually carried on any Canadian stations to the best of my knowledge. Cities close to the US border who get PBS can watch the show though. It's a shame - as a kid it there was two different versions and the show was on four times a day (at least). Now all we get in Toronto is it once a day at 10:30 am on Buffalo's PBS channel.