Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, sorry to say Snowth but I feel like you’re expecting to happen what you want to happen. We don’t know if this will happen or not.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just read the comments, and see for yourselves, it couldn't be more obvious. Plain and simple.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I actually thought about starting up a challenge for this Christmas based on this SS video, a 12 Days of Christmas Cookies Challenge, where we all would try to eat the different cookies mentioned in this video for 12 days during Christmas. . . .

Then I realized that not only is this impractical, but who in the world would want to eat birdseed cookies anyway?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Just read the comments, and see for yourselves, it couldn't be more obvious. Plain and simple.
I mean yeah, don’t get me wrong, I see the comments and frankly I’m just laughing my *** off at them, and yeah I have seen Republicans with this mentality, but the issue more is I feel like you’re too quick to judge these people as Republican when you don’t even know what their political stances are.

I mean **** there are even democrats that can have this mentality when it comes to representation. Just saying.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My overall opinion is Santa isn’t even a real person, nor was he meant to be a character in a fictional series, so I could care less who portrays him. Regarding the casting decision, in the end we don’t know how this actor got the role. It could just happen to be this actor got the spot…. It could also happen to be Nabisco trying too hard to show representation (I mean, if they literally asked this man “Hey, can you play this part of Santa? We need to show more representation for black people” instead of hiring him for his acting skills, I’d be disappointed if this was all just indenty-casting because otherwise it just feels like tokenism instead of fair casting).

Like I will be honest. I did have a slight issue with a black woman playing 007 only because it did feel a bit forced and out of the blue. I would say the same thing if I were a black man myself. I’m also saying this with the fact that I prefer to keep characters consistent with their sex and race if a character’s creation originated with an image from the start. Had Bond been a black woman changed to a white man then I’d feel just the same way. But far as I’m concerned we don’t know the casting story behind this Santa commercial so for now, I’m going to make the fair assumption he got the role fair and square.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
This was not the first time I’ve seen a depiction of a black Santa before.
And guess what. My hair didn’t get set on fire either.

But “cue all the Conrad’s out there”.
I’ve got a big challenge for you Snowthy.
1) How many Conrad’s are in here? Can you provide some stats on that?

Part two of the challenge, and you might have to dig deep on this one.

Name one.
Not fifty.
Not twenty.
Not even fiv.
Just one.
I know even one is a stretch, but you might amaze yourself if you actually try.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean the truth is there will be people out there that will complain about fictional characters who don’t have a distinctive race to begin with (in this case, Santa, a character who is literally just nothing more than paintings and people in costume and cartoon adaptions) who will complain about how they’re portrayed if it is an uncommon race edition (since we’re mostly seen him portrayed as Caucasian). My issue is the way Snowth generalizes them being far right leaning people because I have seen just as many left people complain about this on social media.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, while I don't want to get dragged into the political aspect of things... Just one single point on Santa Claus.
Didn't the tradition of the character start with Saint Nicholas (however it may have been originally spelled) or Sinterclaus from Dutch culture?

As for who would want to eat birdseed cookies... Big Bird of course. And the whatever number of nutritionuts out there who prefer to eat weird seed combinations in their baked good foods.

Then again, if you're really proposing a cookie-eating challenge dedicated to the twelve specific cookies mentioned in the Sesame Street song featuring :insatiable: in the exact quantities sung of in that version of The Twelve Days of Christmas, it'd make more sense if someone were to accept it eating one cookie a day, since if you add up all the gifts sung about in the song you need to add an extra 1st Day gift at the very end to have one gift for each day of a normal 365-day year. Go ahead, do the math, I dare you. :batty:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sheesh, everybody is being super fussy about Christmas music this year!

I mean, I get that people are sick of Mariah Carey, they have been for years, but this year, it's not just her Christmas music everybody's sick of, they're also sick of Harry Connick, Jr., Pentatonix, WHAM!, and, of course, Bubbly Mikey Pizza Crust.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wham? People are sick of Wham's music at Christmastime? Maybe there's something I don't know about the band, but when I think Wham, I think either "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" or "Careless Whisper", not really Christmastime musical standards.

And as for Mariah Carey... That's the surprise I found listening to MCR which delighted me to no end.
:insatiable: Eat your heart out Ms. Carey. Or me eat it for you. :scary: