Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I would categorically deny that Christmas has "lost" its meaning. People may be a bit rushed or even shallow about it at times, but Christmas is nowhere near as corrupted as St. Patrick's Day or St. Valentine's Day.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And, as we all know, Thanksgiving is almost altogether just completely ignored until it comes time to actually prepare for it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
How do bunnies and eggs figure into the death and resurrection of Christ?
Easter was originally a pagan holiday in celebration of a fertility goddess who is often depicted with a rabbit face, and then it was hijacked by Christians.

Or you can just go the South Park route and say it's about St. Peter, who was really a bunny. :big_grin:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I really have no patience for the "it's too early" complaints. There are enough months when the world is drab and boring, thanks. If I can see Christmas lights a little earlier in my life, I'm happy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But all we're saying is can't we at least have Thanksgiving before we have Christmas?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But all we're saying is can't we at least have Thanksgiving before we have Christmas?
Yeah I get you. Thanksgiving's just going through an identity crisis right now. We don't want to offend Native Americans, so of course we completely remove them from the merchandise so only the white people remain...yeah much less offensive. :stick_out_tongue:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
But that's not even what thanksgiving is about. The whole thing about the pilgrims and the native americans sitting down together to celebrate the first thanksgiving isn't even true.

I don't think I ever said anything about me being irritated Christmas stuff is coming early :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I imagine most things about holidays aren't entirely true. That shouldn't dilute the meaning. :smile:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
....I'm not saying that?

Or were you being sarcastic about offending native americans?