1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    We will be upgrading our forum software on Saturday May 25. This is a major upgrade that will add many new features and enhance security.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31, 2019.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CaseytheMuppet, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

I’ve always wondered how Thanksgiving deserved its own season. It’s nice, but at the end of the day, it’s just families sitting down to eat. Other holidays have that and more.

2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Huh, I actually haven't heard any of the newer artists yet this year.

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Listen to Comcast's Sounds of the Seasons Music Choice channel whenever they play Christmas music. Lots of people have been complaining about it for a few years now.

4. Censored

All I know is that my local radio station plays an even mix of traditional and modern.

5. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Surprise, surprise. Christmas ads are playing on TV when Thanksgiving isn't even here yet.

Before we know it, they'll be playing Christmas ads as soon as Summer's over, when it's back-to-school time.

6. Censored

Good.

7. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

...In what way is that good?

I'm sick and tired of Thanksgiving being ignored and everyone skipping right to Christmas. I love Christmas, don't get me wrong, but why dosen't anyone care about Thanksgiving anymore?

Froggy Fool likes this.
  8. D'Snowth

Heck, they start with back-to-school commercials, and stores start stocking up on school supplies immediately after 4th of July.

Pig's Laundry and ConsummateVs like this.
  9. Censored

There’s only so much you can do with Thanksgiving. Besides, are we just talking about the U.S.A.? From what I understand, in Canada, it’s a completely different structure.

10. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Well, it makes sense from a capitalist standpoint. They wanna make as much money as possible. But from a consumer's standpoint, it does seem like regular people are ignoring Thanksgiving more and more. Perhaps with everything going on in the world, it has to do with escapism.

11. Censored

On the other hand, they now have Thanksgiving Cards, something that I don’t believe existed in the past.

12. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

My mom's work already started playing Christmas music today.

13. Censored

Good for them! Sounds awesome! I started 2 weeks ago.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  14. MikaelaMuppet

At least it’s during the week of Thanksgiving and not earlier.

15. Censored

Anytime after Halloween is cool.

16. D'Snowth

Key word: Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving comes after Halloween. Thanksgiving comes before Christmas. October month is the month of Halloween. December is the month of Christmas. November is the month of Thanksgiving.

Froggy Fool and ConsummateVs like this.
  17. Censored

• If you want to be technical about it, the true Christmas season is really December 25-January 5. Those are the 12 days of Christmas. Any other celebration of Christmas is arbitrary, so if people want to celebrate it in November and December, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Besides, you're only speaking from an American point of view.

18. Censored

Are we allowed to celebrate Veterans Day in November or does that infringe on its Thanksgiving monopoly too?

19. MikaelaMuppet

As long as it’s close to Thanksgiving.

20. Censored

November 1st is very close to Thanksgiving. Less than 30 days away.