Celebrities the Public is Sick Of...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/now/askmen-com-survey-reveals-that-men-do-not-have-bieber-fever/171

Y'know, for the most part, I agree with this list, and here's my take on some of whose on it...

* Lady Gaga... meh, I don't quite agree with that... I may not follow her or listen to her music or anything, but you have to admit, anytime she's in the news, it's almost always something interesting. :skeptical:
* Sarah Palin? Try the entire family, she turned all of them into celebrities (remember when that Alaskan citizen "confronted" her about it), and it's she and Bristol who really don't want to stay out of the limelight; plus I'm sick of how this grown woman always talks like an 16-year-old clique chick. :rolleyes:
* Kate Middleton... THANK YOU! I said it before, and I'll say it again, the Royal Wedding was nothing but a big joke. Plus, I don't get the big deal why everyone criticiizes her for wearing the same outfits on occasion, after all, normal people wear the same outfits from time to time as well. :rolleyes:
* Charlie Sheen... DUH, LOSING! :laugh:
* Barack Obama... you can blathanks the GOP for tarnishing his image. :attitude:
* Kim Kardashian... hey, anytime I hear the name Kardashian, I roll my eyes, another example of people who become famous for no reason (if this list were done years ago, I'd add Paris Hilton to it as well). :rolleyes:
* Justin Bieber. Yeah, I never caught Bieber fever, and it was really sad when that jazz musician won the Grammy over him and all his fans started sending her death threats for "stealing" the Grammy from him. :sympathy:
* Lindsay Lohan... what a sad trainwreck she became... she had so much potential, some were even expecting her to be the next Meg Ryan of movies, then she basically threw it all away, but no matter how much trouble she gets into, she always gets away with it in the end. :sigh:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
* Lady Gaga... meh, I don't quite agree with that... I may not follow her or listen to her music or anything, but you have to admit, anytime she's in the news, it's almost always something interesting. :skeptical:
Nope, don't admit that at all, lol.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Seriously, how is the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES even mentioned, let alone included on that list?

He's the President, OF COURSE he's going to be featured in news headlines.:rolleyes:

Really America? Stuff like that really irks me.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Seriously, how is the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES even mentioned, let alone included on that list?

He's the President, OF COURSE he's going to be featured in news headlines.:rolleyes:
This happens with every President. People get sick of all the political talk.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:confused:I'm tired of magazine and television shills creating phenomenons out of young people I've never heard of before. It always reminds me of the "whispering campaign" rats at Sardi's in MTM.:shifty:

On to the old people. :sleep: Palin is basically a Kardashian-level public figure who has no substantial accomplishment to justify the amount of attention she receives. Some have called her "Dan Quayle in a dress", but that's not fair. Although I was never a fan of his politics,:boo: he is actually an intelligent person who is also socially clumsy. /end pseudo-political rant :attitude:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score

Really America? Stuff like that really irks me.
If you read the article I believe it was a survey of men from around the world (not just the U.S.) and they were presented a list to choose from. I can see how he would end up with votes.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
:confused:I'm tired of magazine and television shills creating phenomenons out of young people I've never heard of before. It always reminds me of the "whispering campaign" rats at Sardi's in MTM.:shifty:

On to the old people. :sleep: Palin is basically a Kardashian-level public figure who has no substantial accomplishment to justify the amount of attention she receives. Some have called her "Dan Quayle in a dress", but that's not fair. Although I was never a fan of his politics,:boo: he is actually an intelligent person who is also socially clumsy. /end pseudo-political rant :attitude:
I think the Palin-Kardashian comparison is unfair. While I don't necessarily agree with her politics, she has accomplished something. Afterall, she was the governor of Alaska and well-liked there and was also a vice-presidential candidate. Like her or not, you have to respect that. What have the Kardashians done?

Drtooth

Reaction score
* Lady Gaga... meh, I don't quite agree with that... I may not follow her or listen to her music or anything, but you have to admit, anytime she's in the news, it's almost always something interesting.
I find anti-Gaga sentiment to be unfounded, annoying, and in cases very homophobic due to her views. I hate American Pop Music, and have since the 2000 era. it's just..... just terrible. But somehow, she manages to do pop music RIGHT! There is not one song of hers that's not stuck in my head time to time, and I don't even mind it. Katy Perry's alright too... there are a handful of others I like... but over all, Gaga's the only current music I even find catchy. And don't give me that she stole from Madonna stuff... there's one key difference between her and Madonna... and that is, Madonna sucks. I mean, Like a Virgin and Material Girl and maybe Vogue are alright if your in the mood... |
And besides, what Muppet fan doesn't love the fact that someone wore a suit of Kermit the Frog plush? :smile:

On to the old people. Palin is basically a Kardashian-level public figure who has no substantial accomplishment to justify the amount of attention she receives. Some have called her "Dan Quayle in a dress", but that's not fair. Although I was never a fan of his politics, he is actually an intelligent person who is also socially clumsy. /end pseudo-political rant
What can I say about Palin that hasn't already been said? I mean, aside from the Toxic Tea House political stooge show, aside from the fact her hypocrite daughter gets paid a fortune to speak about abstinence and gets to be on a certain Dancing show ("My virginity was stolen," yeah, you WERE NOT raped, girl), and other than the fact she has more TV shows than Seth MacFarline and Chuck Lorre combined, aside from her toxic Queen Bee/Beauty pageant background, aside from her even more evil clones/copycats.... she's just terrible. The whole "I hates me the media" stuff is the most ungrateful thing in the world anyone has ever said. The media made her a star, gave her TV shows, and basically showed how much of a sweetheart she is, even when she's acting like a complete bimbo when people ask her slightly tough questions that go off script. PBS ran a stupid puff piece on her months before McCain picked her as a running mate (to steal votes from left wing feminists who felt betrayed unelectable Hillary Clinton lost the party nomination to someone who stood a chance). Now, I don't agree that she's completely Kardashian because she did have the highly dubious distinction of being the least corrupt Alaskan politician (like the thinnest contestant on Biggest Loser).

Now, here are some people I'm sick of:

Mathew McConaughey: At the risk of sounding like a Family Guy ditto head, he is just terrible. He makes terrible movies that get terrible reviews and he makes even more terrible movies year after year.... really... what IS his appeal?

Gordon Ramsy: Do we REALLY need 2 shows where you yell at people back to back to back to back every summer? You know what British shows about uptight jerks that yell at people I LOVE? Fawltey Towers and Chef. Because at least Basil Fawltey and I forget Chef's name get COMEUPPANCE for being jerks.

I have no idea what her name is, but that woman that plays Whitney in that upcoming terrible looking sitcom of the same name: Dude! It's TOTALLY 1996! If I see those stupid promos shoved down my throat one more time, I'll scream! Here's praying that it's the Dall's first casualty. I miss Outsourced already.

This one will only make sense if you use hulu....
The Morning After Guys: I DON'T want to watch your dang show! What makes you think I do? because I watch Sonic X, Toriko, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Bill and Ted the animated series, and Dilbert? Yeah, I want over used pop culture snarkiness from fake nerds. Really... I've clicked the "This recommendation doesn't interest me" button like EVERY TIME that popped up.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If we're going to add our own to the list...

Steve Carell: Seriously, he is NOT a good actor... he's always so stiff, wooden, unemotional, and bland in his performances, I don't understand how he keeps getting work. Now his VOICE work on the other hand, he puts more effort and energy into his animated characters than he does his live-action character, so maybe he should just stick to voice work. At least this isn't like the mid-to-late 2000s where he was practically the leading male in every single new movie coming out.

Mila Kunis: Yeah, sure, she's a hotsy-totsy and all, but a voice actress who's suddenly catapaulted into being an A-lister, that could've been Fran Brill instead, even June Foray. Of course, I thinkI just shed light on why she became an A-lister anyway: simply because she is a hotsy-totsy.

Glenn Beck: He really is a *******, isn't he? I mean, what more is there to say about him? He's just about the biggest ****** on the planet.

Adam Sandler: Actually, I've been sick of him for nearly a decade now... and yet, he still continues to exist.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Mathew McConaughey: At the risk of sounding like a Family Guy ditto head, he is just terrible. He makes terrible movies that get terrible reviews and he makes even more terrible movies year after year.... really... what IS his appeal?
One movie he was good in and that was Tropic Thunder, but...that wasn't really his movie technically.:stick_out_tongue:

Btw Drtooth, I'm surprised you didn't include Maury Povich on your list, Lol.:big_grin:

If we're going to add our own to the list...

Steve Carell: Seriously, he is NOT a good actor... he's always so stiff, wooden, unemotional, and bland in his performances, I don't understand how he keeps getting work. Now his VOICE work on the other hand, he puts more effort and energy into his animated characters than he does his live-action character, so maybe he should just stick to voice work. At least this isn't like the mid-to-late 2000s where he was practically the leading male in every single new movie coming out.
Lol gee 'Snowth, you make it seem like it was so long ago, Hehe.
Adam Sandler: Actually, I've been sick of him for nearly a decade now... and yet, he still continues to exist.
Agreed. Have you seen the new movie he's got coming out where he's playing double roles? Boy haven't we seen that one two many times now, Lol.