Celebrities the Public is Sick Of...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Johnny Depp. Now, I ca't deny he is a good actor, but he's not the ONLY actor...and some people *cough*timburton*cough* have not gotten that message
Well, producers and directors like Burton tend to use the same actors in their movies all the time anyway... how many times have we seen the faces of Gene Wilder, Marty Feldman, Dom DeLuise, among others in Mel Brooks's movies?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, producers and directors like Burton tend to use the same actors in their movies all the time anyway... how many times have we seen the faces of Gene Wilder, Marty Feldman, Dom DeLuise, among others in Mel Brooks's movies?
Yeah, I'd more air on the side of Tim Burton being stuck in his ways, using the same people in his movies over and over.... he hasn't had one movie done without Danny Elfman doing the score for that matter. Directors have stock actors.

That said, I find Johnny better in movies that AREN'T Tim Burton films. I loved him in Rango.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
he hasn't had one movie done without Danny Elfman doing the score for that matter.
Like Zemeckis using Alan Silvestri's scores in all of his movies.

But then again, if I did movies (though I don't plan to), I'd like them to be scored by Silvestri as well, I love his work.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
That said, I find Johnny better in movies that AREN'T Tim Burton films. I loved him in Rango.
gotta agree with this...have yet to see rango though...i do like him in some burton films but the ones i really enjoy are his non burton Roles

if i had to pick a celeb that i am getting sick of its probably Bam from the JackDonkey series...i know his friend just died but i can see that at this moment he is sorta using it to his advantage to gain more popularity and that just wrong

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was sick of the antics of the Jackenapes LONG before one of them died.... I NEVER cared for that show or it's impact. Beavis and Butthead was subtle satire OF those kinds of kids (Mike Judge was disheartened to see people actually found them heroes), but Jackaninnies was just stupid people doing stupid things in front of the camera. I care not for that or bum fights or cat fights on Youtube.

You know who else I'm sick of? Any Friends cast member who gets a new sitcom. Except Matt LeBlanc. I somehow enjoyed Mr. Sunshine and Studio 60, and thought both shows got a raw deal... but still... Cougar Town rubs me the wrong way most of the times I see it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know who else I'm sick of? Any Friends cast member who gets a new sitcom.
I'm kind of sick of Jennifer Aniston always being in the news regarding her "love life" (or lack thereof)... how many times, since the demise of her and Brad Pitt has she been in the news because she has a new man, then she's in the news again because that relationship fell apart, then she's in the news again because she found another new man, and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on? The way she goes through men, I'd be leery of hooking up with someone like her, I wouldn't want to know what kind of "standards" she's set up for herself.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even if it wasn't for that (Jennifer's the only one with a solid career after the show), they just KEEP making shows with former Friends members that go NO WHERE (except Cougar Town, but that's like hanging by a thread). Remember the so called Seinfeld Curse? The Friends curse is WORSE! At least after Seinfeld Larry David gave us Curb your Enthusiasm.

Though, I really think Mr. Sunshine could have done better... and Studio 60 was good, but howlingly pretentious whereas 30 Rock never took itself that ghastly seriously. But Joey was garbage... I can't remember any other ones... but Joey was garbage. Even Jennifer Coolidge couldn't make that show funny.

But then again, i never cared for Friends either...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I forgot I had mentioned Jennifer Aniston, lol, I was about to add her to the list, mainly because of all these ridiculous pregnancy rumors that all over magazine covers and in the NEWS... like how is awoman sucking on a sucker a sign of pregnancy? I mean, my mom gets those tootsie pops quite often, so does that mean everytime she has one, I'm gonna have a new little brother or sister?

But yeah, and Jenn always seems so wrapped up in herself as well, like all she cares about is fulfilling the voids in her life by hooking up and dumping guys in a vicious cycle.

And actually, now that I think of it, I too have to agree with the masses here... all of her movies ARE the same: I love Bruce Almighty, but how many more times can the same actress play a thirtysomething live-in girlfriend to a egocentric fellah who doesn't even seem to care about what he has in front of him because he wants more, and she wants more (for different reasons)?

Drtooth

Reaction score
The one thing I like about Jennifer? her career took off to make horrible movies, sure... but on the bright side (what I said before), she isn't trying to dump a terrible sitcom on us.

Though, again... Mr. Sunshine was actually good. Mathew Perry's like the only one that's at least capable of being humorous. But then again, Alison Janney gave him so much to work off of.