Celebrating Jerry Juhl

BEAR

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
For a moment I was genuinely worried. I had thought nearly all of them were gone in some way or another. But..then again they are.

Frank Oz - Pretty much retired, just does producing/exe. producing jobs.

Jerry Nelson - Retired.

Dave Golez - still doing Gonzo.

Steve Whitmire - Now doing Kermit. (I had forgotten he had been there since nearly the beginning.)

Carrol Spinney - Still doing Big Bird, but not any dance sequences for the most part.

Martin P. Robinson - ...I honestly don't recogininze that guys name. :smirk:

Fran Brill - Sorry, don't really know her either.

David Rudman - Again, I don't recoginize this person's name.

Kevin Clash - ...He does Elmo. 'Nuff said. *Believes that Elmo's World pretty much kills those last 20 mins of SS*

Noel MacNiel - Yet again, don't recoginize his name.

Pam Arciero - And again.

Karen Prell - As far as I know, not really doing that much with the muppets. Perhaps she's working in the background?? Waiting for Red to take the spotlight again? :excited:

Perhaps you guys can help aquiant me (and maybe others as well?) with the jobs of these Muppeters. :wink: I would greatly love that!
Okay, here ya go...and keep in mind that all of these people are STILL LIVING, so we haven't really "lost" them totally in my opinion.

FRANK OZ--Has retired from all his Muppet characters, but I understand he occassionally goes in to the studio and performs a character if Eric Jacobson (his replacement) is out.
JERRY NELSON--has retired with the exception of the Sesame Street characters. He is still active on SS performing The Count.
DAVE GOELZ--Still actively performing for the Muppets as Gonzo, Bunsen and others. He has also taken over as Waldorf.
STEVE WHITMIRE--has been performing Kermit and Ernie since Jim Henson's death. He also still performs characters such as Rizzo the Rat.
CARROLL SPINNEY--Is still performing his two Sesame Street characters Big Bird and Oscar.
MARTIN P. ROBINSON--Performs Telly Monster, Mr. Snuffleupagus and Slimey the Worm.
FRAN BRILL--She was the first female Muppeteer hired for Sesame Street and has been actively performing Prairie Dawn and Zoe Monster, among others.
DAVID RUDMAN--a Muppeteer from the early years, he is currently performing on Sesame Street as Baby Bear and has taken over Cookie Monster since Frank Oz's retirement.
KEVIN CLASH--Plays Elmo, of course, plus other Muppets like Clifford.
NOEL MACNEIL--another Muppeteer from the earlier years, he is best known as the big shaggy host of Bear in the Big Blue House.
PAM ARCIERO--performs Grungetta on Sesame Street.
KAREN PRELL--is now working at Pixar as an animator, but played Red in Fraggle Rock. I am sure she will be returning for the new film.

Hope this helps you.

unclematt

Reaction score
It is good to see that thier are still some old timers around but it doent make the loss any easier.

BEAR

Reaction score
How come I haven't seen any obituaries or article in the paper about Jerry Juhl? It's the L.A. Times, you would think they'd have something out by now. :attitude:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have a Favor to ask

If anyone on this site considers sending some sort of E-mail sympathy card to the relatives and employees of Henson, could someone please sign my name for me (Just the Dr. Tooth, or maybe James G.) as I won't be near a computer that much after today.

Thank you.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
sure thing i am sending a sympathy card to the Studio i''ll al muppet central on there

FAZ

Reaction score
Not a good week for the Muppets. First Jerry and now Iger has fired all but 3 people at the Muppet Holding Company.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
FAZ said:
Not a good week for the Muppets. First Jerry and now Iger has fired all but 3 people at the Muppet Holding Company.
**double take**

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
FAZ said:

where did you read this