Cartoon about Peanut Butter

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
You might think im nuts (get it, nuts, peanut butter! wocka wocka :embarrassed: )
I thought of this today, Does anyone remember a cartoon on sesame street about how peanut butter is made from planting the peanut tree seed to someone eating the peanut butter!

I thought I could have been going nuts when I remembered this. :smile:
Anyone remember?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, I remember that very well. Only it wasn't a cartoon. It was a live action film. There was this song:

Takes a lot of little nuts to do the job.

I don't remember the whole song, but I think it's at the "Sesame Street Lyrics Archive." It's also played on MC radio. Hope this info helps.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
Does anyone remember a cartoon on sesame street about how peanut butter is made from planting the peanut tree seed to someone eating the peanut butter!
I sure do. Contrary to what Daffyfan2003 said, it's a completely different segment from the classic film segment. The cartoon you remember was part of the "Snacks on Parade" series of segments.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Jeffrey Gray said:
I sure do. Contrary to what Daffyfan2003 said, it's a completely different segment from the classic film segment. The cartoon you remember was part of the "Snacks on Parade" series of segments.
The only "Snacks on Parade" cartoon I've seen is the one about the raisin. As for a cartoon about peanut butter, the only one I remember is the one where an elephant gets 10 peanuts, jumps up into the air, and squishes them with his butt and eats the gooey left over saying "yum, peanut butter!"

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Jeffrey Gray said:
Yeah, the one I am talking about definately is a cartoon, I remember a lady talking throughout the segment, sortof narrating it and at the end all the people at the peanut butter! I also vaguely remember the othe live action segment.
:smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember the "snacks on parade" with the raisin. I don't remember the one with peanut butter though. Sorry.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Yeah, I remember the "snacks on parade" with the raisin. I don't remember the one with peanut butter though. Sorry.
The one with peanut butter was on #2356 (Gordon, Miles, and Elmo visit the Bronx Zoo), when Noggin was showing Sesame Street Unpaved.

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
i remember the peanut one, im pretty sure the cartoon showed a picture of the peanut plant growing and then falling over and putting its roots into the ground, thats right, right?
was there a snacks on parade about carrots? i think the lady warned us never to stick a carrot in our ears....she had a very posh voice...

Thijs

Reaction score
I remember the cartoon too. Well, remember? I saw it a month ago on 'Sesamstraat'. And to be honest, I hate it.

Frazzle

Reaction score
I remember the live action clip. The song went like this:

"Takes a lot of little nuts
To make a jar of peanut butter
'Cause one peanut in a jar
Really doesn't go too far
Gotta crack and shell and mix 'em
There's no other way to fix 'em
Takes a lot of little nuts to do the job

Dump the peanuts from the bag
And start 'em on that old conveyor
Get 'em roasted and assorted
Don't have any time to spare
Please don't think I'm being pushy
Make all real soft and mushy
Takes a lot of little nuts to the job

A little salt, a little sugar
Makes the goo taste really good
Keep it pumping through the pipeline
Like a peanut butter pumper should

Takes a lot of little nuts
To make a jar of peanut butter
Now they're ready, squirt 'em in
Put the lid on, watch 'em spin
In the boxes nice and steady
Ship 'em out, hey world we're ready
Takes a lot of little nuts to get things done
Takes a lot of little nuts
And a lot of hard work
Before the peanut butter's done"

the clip showed how peanut butter was made. The song was written by Joe Raposo. Ahh, I loved clips like that. Another good one was the clip that showed how crayons were made & they showed ornage crayons being formed out of wax, they were wrapped & shipped out. Oh, does anyone remember the clip on how sugar is made? The song went along the lines of "Beet, beet, sugar beet sugar, beet, beet, beet."
:sing: :wink: