Caroll Spinney: The Farewell Tour

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Well, Caroll has canceled his appearance this October . . . in fact, he's canceled all future con appearances for the rest of the year - it's become too much of a burden for he and Debbie to keep traveling across the country.

Really disappointed (especially since I already purchased a ticket), but I mean, given his age and his health, this is really the best thing for him.
I hope that you can get a refund for it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Unfortunately, no, tickets are non-refundable, and that's what I'm more upset about - it wouldn't be such a big deal, except that with the recession and all, that was $28 that could have gone to something more important at the time, like gas or food or such.

But, again, Noel MacNeal is also going to be there, so it's not like it's a total loss.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Unfortunately, no, tickets are non-refundable, and that's what I'm more upset about - it wouldn't be such a big deal, except that with the recession and all, that was $28 that could have gone to something more important at the time, like gas or food or such.

But, again, Noel MacNeal is also going to be there, so it's not like it's a total loss.
Plus people like the cast of the original Turtles will be there like Rob Paulsen, he posted that on social media

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's true, but they are rather pricey, though . . . I might sit in on the Q&A panel, though, if they have it Saturday (which is the day my ticket is for). I do also continue to check periodically to see if any other people of interest will be added to the guest list - that's how I ended up discovering Noel will be there as well.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score

That's a shame, but I still hope that you'll have fun.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Was he a lefty? You would've thought he would've lost his right for holding it up in the air all the time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nope. Matter of fact, one of my favorite quotes of his is: "Your left hand is stupid when you're right-handed."

I know what he means! It took me years to get my left hand even remotely to attempt to do decent puppetry lip-syncing . . . on the other hand (no pun intended), I'm so used to working rods with my left hand (obviously) that whenever it's the other way around, my right hand is like "DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE!"

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
So it very well could be something unrelated to puppetry?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's related to the dystonia that he was diagnosed with in recent years: I think limitation of your motor vascular skills is a symptom, as his wife Debbie pushes him in a wheelchair quite a bit these days; even when I shook his hand a couple of years ago, his handshake was very, very weak. Apparently it also makes his eyes rather sensitive to light, which is why he also often wears sunglasses now.

Either way, much like how he's stuck with SS as long as he could, you have to admire that he was going to try to stick with his convention tour till year's end, but if he can't do it anymore, then he should remain in the comfort of his eye and take it easy for the rest of his life; he's more than earned it.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's related to the dystonia that he was diagnosed with in recent years: I think limitation of your motor vascular skills is a symptom, as his wife Debbie pushes him in a wheelchair quite a bit these days; even when I shook his hand a couple of years ago, his handshake was very, very weak. Apparently it also makes his eyes rather sensitive to light, which is why he also often wears sunglasses now.

Either way, much like how he's stuck with SS as long as he could, you have to admire that he was going to try to stick with his convention tour till year's end, but if he can't do it anymore, then he should remain in the comfort of his eye and take it easy for the rest of his life; he's more than earned it.
That's a shame he had to cancel everything, but it's for the best.