Caroll Spinney: The Farewell Tour

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, I hate when fans do stuff like that. Fans have kissed Noah Schnapp at photo ops, groped Jenna Coleman (an actress from Doctor Who), it's super gross. A lot of fans don't think of the figures they idolize as actual people, just objects in their little fantasies.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I feel really bad for celebs that have to put up with this. At the end of the day, just treat them like normal people. It’s really not that hard.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Once Fran Brill asked me, "You're not one of those Tough Pigs people, are you?" When she saw I wasn't, she let her defenses down and opened up. I can only imagine what it must be like to be stalked and having your privacy disturbed. Yes, you worked with Jom Henson, but nobody deserves that hassle.
I wonder if she meant people who run/write articles for the website (I believe that Joe started working for Sesame Workshop before her retirement), or members of the forum (I signed up a long time ago, but while I've been able to post on other Delphi forums, it never let me log in to the Toughpigs forum - but I do read the articles and message board posts and comment on their Facebook page), and if it's just Toughpigs and not just those on other Muppet sites.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, Caroll has canceled his appearance this October . . . in fact, he's canceled all future con appearances for the rest of the year - it's become too much of a burden for he and Debbie to keep traveling across the country.

Really disappointed (especially since I already purchased a ticket), but I mean, given his age and his health, this is really the best thing for him.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Well, Caroll has canceled his appearance this October . . . in fact, he's canceled all future con appearances for the rest of the year - it's become too much of a burden for he and Debbie to keep traveling across the country.

Really disappointed (especially since I already purchased a ticket), but I mean, given his age and his health, this is really the best thing for him.
At least you can meet Noel McNeal, I’ve talk to him before he’s really nice

D'Snowth

Reaction score
True, and at least I got the chance to meet to Caroll once before, so at least I was able to have the opportunity and not pass it up before.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
True, and at least I got the chance to meet to Caroll once before, so at least I was able to have the opportunity and not pass it up before.
Yeah, it’s unfortunate though. However, I would be worried about Caroll’s body at this point

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I understand it, he's already lost complete use of his left arm. :frown: