Caroll Spinney: The Farewell Tour

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yeah but Frank has basically abandoned his duties to literally every area of the Muppet World. To answer your question, my parents literally never say anything. I literally always have to, slowly, get through the loss all on my own; no support from the family whatsoever. But now I’ve decided that after I’m on my own, my family will literally never see me ever again, not even for Thanksgiving & Christmas
Oh don't be that way. Come on you know they love you. Just cause they don't care for what you enjoy doesn't mean you should treat them like that. Yeah Sesame Street, Muppets and Fraggle Rock were like family but they are just shows. Yeah I LOVE all the characters from those shows and would give any thing to get to meet all of the puppeteers or characters but just cause my parents wouldn't care to meet them or sit down and watch them doesn't mean I would not want to EVER see my parents.

Look I have talk to lots of Muppet fans who have parents are might not understand what they enjoy or what brings them joy. Doesn't mean you need to disown your parents. They Love you no matter what. Yeah there can be some parents that have children and get rid of them cause they don't want them. If you have parents you should be greatful and not treat them like they HATE you. And I'm not trying to change your mind I'm just trying to tell you to understand where your parents are coming from. They Love you with all their heart.

Here let me set an example. My parents don't care for any of the Henson stuff they know about them and don't mind me watching it cause I'm older now and they don't care what I do knowing that I'll do the right thing. Yeah I can make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. Yeah I just referenced Big Bird's song. But any time I wanted something like a DVD or a certain toy or what ever I wanted for Christmas they never would get those things for me. They used to. But now they think why do it. He's a grown man. He can get his own stuff. It makes me upset when I hear other Muppet fans out there who get things related to Henson. I would love to see my parents say here Kyle we thought you would love this but they don't care any more. Yeah to me that does sound being selfish and sure I know I can be but every once in a while I would love to see something under that tree that I didn't know they got me. I'm always having to choose what I want and where I live there's not that many places that sell Henson or Hanna Barbera stuff. I then just choose clothes cause at least I won't be cold or naked at work.

But all I'm trying to say is your parents love you. Try and get them to see stuff your way. Now If your a Teen I can see what's happening. But don't you worry they'll catch on soon. I promise. Just try and talk to them about the stuff you enjoy. Talk to them at dinner time. Don't play on your phone to much and talk to them. But this is me. Just trying to help with what I've gone through. Hope this helps and hopefully I haven't made you mad. Sorry for blabbing in this thread. Peace Out dude or dudet.

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
Oh don't be that way. Come on you know they love you. Just cause they don't care for what you enjoy doesn't mean you should treat them like that. Yeah Sesame Street, Muppets and Fraggle Rock were like family but they are just shows. Yeah I LOVE all the characters from those shows and would give any thing to get to meet all of the puppeteers or characters but just cause my parents wouldn't care to meet them or sit down and watch them doesn't mean I would not want to EVER see my parents.

Look I have talk to lots of Muppet fans who have parents are might not understand what they enjoy or what brings them joy. Doesn't mean you need to disown your parents. They Love you no matter what. Yeah there can be some parents that have children and get rid of them cause they don't want them. If you have parents you should be greatful and not treat them like they HATE you. And I'm not trying to change your mind I'm just trying to tell you to understand where your parents are coming from. They Love you with all their heart.

Here let me set an example. My parents don't care for any of the Henson stuff they know about them and don't mind me watching it cause I'm older now and they don't care what I do knowing that I'll do the right thing. Yeah I can make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. Yeah I just referenced Big Bird's song. But any time I wanted something like a DVD or a certain toy or what ever I wanted for Christmas they never would get those things for me. They used to. But now they think why do it. He's a grown man. He can get his own stuff. It makes me upset when I hear other Muppet fans out there who get things related to Henson. I would love to see my parents say here Kyle we thought you would love this but they don't care any more. Yeah to me that does sound being selfish and sure I know I can be but every once in a while I would love to see something under that tree that I didn't know they got me. I'm always having to choose what I want and where I live there's not that many places that sell Henson or Hanna Barbera stuff. I then just choose clothes cause at least I won't be cold or naked at work.

But all I'm trying to say is your parents love you. Try and get them to see stuff your way. Now If your a Teen I can see what's happening. But don't you worry they'll catch on soon. I promise. Just try and talk to them about the stuff you enjoy. Talk to them at dinner time. Don't play on your phone to much and talk to them. But this is me. Just trying to help with what I've gone through. Hope this helps and hopefully I haven't made you mad. Sorry for blabbing in this thread. Peace Out dude or dudet.
I'm a dude, & they REALLY don't care. I almost had a total falling out with my old man after Jerry Nelson died cause he was too busy caring about my social skills to even acknowledge my broken heart, & I say this cause I have a mild form of Autism called Asperger syndrome; that's why I'm such a passionate Muppet fanatic. We had a heated argument so bad that I am sometimes surprised I didn't just stop talkin to him FOREVER. I mean he had no idea I cared about the Muppeteers as much as I do the characters; I had to say a couple of things that kinda hurt him, but it was the only way to really get him to listen to me for once in my life. So yeah, they love me, but they don't care about my feelings toward the Muppet World.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm a dude, & they REALLY don't care. I almost had a total falling out with my old man after Jerry Nelson died cause he was too busy caring about my social skills to even acknowledge my broken heart, & I say this cause I have a mild form of Autism called Asperger syndrome; that's why I'm such a passionate Muppet fanatic. We had a heated argument so bad that I am sometimes surprised I didn't just stop talkin to him FOREVER. I mean he had no idea I cared about the Muppeteers as much as I do the characters; I had to say a couple of things that kinda hurt him, but it was the only way to really get him to listen to me for once in my life. So yeah, they love me, but they don't care about my feelings toward the Muppet World.
I understand. No worries. I wasn't trying to be rude to you I was just trying to help you see what your parents might think. But I understand. I'm telling you as the years go by they'll understand and you will start to understand where they are coming from. They just want to help you so that when they are gone you'll know how to understand how to get a job and be able to live on your very own. But I'm pretty sure if you give them some slack they'll give you some slack. Nice talking to you. LOVE getting to meet new Muppet Fans. How long have you been a Muppet Fan if you don't mind me asking? I've been one ever since seeing my first Sesame Street show. Now I don't know which one it could have been but I've been told I watched SS since I was baby.

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
I understand. No worries. I wasn't trying to be rude to you I was just trying to help you see what your parents might think. But I understand. I'm telling you as the years go by they'll understand and you will start to understand where they are coming from. They just want to help you so that when they are gone you'll know how to understand how to get a job and be able to live on your very own. But I'm pretty sure if you give them some slack they'll give you some slack. Nice talking to you. LOVE getting to meet new Muppet Fans. How long have you been a Muppet Fan if you don't mind me asking? I've been one ever since seeing my first Sesame Street show. Now I don't know which one it could have been but I've been told I watched SS since I was baby.
Hey believe me when I say I cannot wait to be on my own. I will FINALLY be free of my mother, who is clearly so fed up of hearing me talk Muppets that she can't even offer any sincere support anymore. Not that I care; it'll give me somethin to try to make her feel guilty about later lol. My father's tryin to understand it more, but forget about my mother.