Caroll Spinney: The Farewell Tour

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I just want to say I'm very happy to have gotten to meet Caroll today!

He certainly wasn't in the best shape (he wanted to put his left hand on my shoulder for the picture but alas, he couldn't; I would have offered to scootch down, too), but he was such a friendly man and his wife Debbie was very friendly too (she answered most of my comments). I even brought up that "I Love Trash" and "I Just Adore Four" were my two favorite songs from both characters.

But anyway, here's a picture:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
So I just want to say I'm very happy to have gotten to meet Caroll today!

He certainly wasn't in the best shape (he wanted to put his left hand on my shoulder for the picture but alas, he couldn't; I would have offered to scootch down, too), but he was such a friendly man and his wife Debbie was very friendly too (she answered most of my comments). I even brought up that "I Love Trash" and "I Just Adore Four" were my two favorite songs from both characters.

But anyway, here's a picture:

Awesome! :big_grin: If only I could meet Muppet/Sesame people...

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Just gotta dig into comic Con events, look who's coming and save up dough. :wink:

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
I’ve met him twice; he is so incredible. I am not prepared for the end of his life to happen like whatsoever. Yeah, thank God for Eric & Matt, but Caroll is the original Oscar the Grouch & Big Bird; he can NEVER EVER be topped. I’m afraid that once he’s gone, I’m actually gonna have to get through it all on my own; no support from the family whatsoever. They really don’t understand that the Muppets aren’t just puppets; they are a family!

It bothers me cause anytime another person in my family is goin through a personal loss, they get all the family support they need. But anytime I’m suffering, I have to get through it all on my own; no support from the family whatsoever, just like I basically had to do when Jerry died. Honestly, that’s not right & it’s not fair.

Anyway, gettin back to the point, I literally pray every day that Caroll makes it to 50 years. & after that, if he wants to retire, I won’t be upset at all. Oscar the Grouch & Big Bird will go on, even Granny Bird. Speakin of which, did anyone hear Jennifer Barnhart’s voice for Granny Bird? How does it sound?

Anyway, long story short, I’ll be happy as long as Caroll makes it to 50 years, we need 1 of the original Muppeteers to do so.

:wisdom::grouchy::wisdom::grouchy::wisdom::grouchy::wisdom::grouchy:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Don't forget about Frank Oz. He was one of the original puppeteers from the very beginning. Plus Fran Brill too. Yeah she might have came later but I still consider her part of the show even before she started. I see it as if they came before Elmo, Abby, Mary Monster, Ruby Monster, Zoe and several others. I still consider it them an original from the shows beginning.

Your parents don't ever say anything about the Puppeteer? Cause my parents always tell me (that is if they see it before I do) about certain celebrities passing away or even if it was a puppeteer. Now I don''t get too sad only unless I watch something that makes me sad. Like if it was a tribute to a puppeteer or a celebrity. Like Robin Williams, anytime I see one of his interviews I tear up. But I understand where you are coming from. I will miss Caroll when he leaves this earth cause yes he is the one and only Big Bird and Oscar to me too.

But when some one passes away from just old age it really doesn't bother me much. Now yes I haven't ever got to meet any of the Muppeteers cause I have never had the money to do it. But I know I would love to meet Caroll and Debbie just cause of all the nice stuff I hear about her and him and plus he's been my favorite character of all time.

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
Don't forget about Frank Oz. He was one of the original puppeteers from the very beginning. Plus Fran Brill too. Yeah she might have came later but I still consider her part of the show even before she started. I see it as if they came before Elmo, Abby, Mary Monster, Ruby Monster, Zoe and several others. I still consider it them an original from the shows beginning.

Your parents don't ever say anything about the Puppeteer? Cause my parents always tell me (that is if they see it before I do) about certain celebrities passing away or even if it was a puppeteer. Now I don''t get too sad only unless I watch something that makes me sad. Like if it was a tribute to a puppeteer or a celebrity. Like Robin Williams, anytime I see one of his interviews I tear up. But I understand where you are coming from. I will miss Caroll when he leaves this earth cause yes he is the one and only Big Bird and Oscar to me too.

But when some one passes away from just old age it really doesn't bother me much. Now yes I haven't ever got to meet any of the Muppeteers cause I have never had the money to do it. But I know I would love to meet Caroll and Debbie just cause of all the nice stuff I hear about her and him and plus he's been my favorite character of all time.
Yeah but Frank has basically abandoned his duties to literally every area of the Muppet World. To answer your question, my parents literally never say anything. I literally always have to, slowly, get through the loss all on my own; no support from the family whatsoever. But now I’ve decided that after I’m on my own, my family will literally never see me ever again, not even for Thanksgiving & Christmas

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
Anybody have any idea on whether or not he even does the voices anymore??