Brown Johnson: Ernie and Bert ARE Gay (if you want)

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
lol, I'll take Frank's word over a lady who's been around the show for two years, but her remarks were fine.

I still don't think they're gay though: they don't sleep together, have no romantic relation and quite frankly at times seem to hate each other.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
and quite frankly at times seem to hate each other.
I think that's why people think of them as a couple. It's a common stigma/trope, especially in fiction, that old married couples are always bickering with each other, and in some eyes, that's what they see Ernie and Bert as: an old married couple that bicker all the time.

But really, this can be said of a lot of duos in fiction: Felix and Oscar, even Shredder and Krang (the latter of which, James Avery joked that he and Pat Fraley actually treated the dynamic of Shredder and Krang as if they really were an old married couple).

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I think that's why people think of them as a couple. It's a common stigma/trope, especially in fiction, that old married couples are always bickering with each other, and in some eyes, that's what they see Ernie and Bert as: an old married couple that bicker all the time.

But really, this can be said of a lot of duos in fiction: Felix and Oscar, even Shredder and Krang (the latter of which, James Avery joked that he and Pat Fraley actually treated the dynamic of Shredder and Krang as if they really were an old married couple).
Would Statler and Waldorf apply to this, or do they not argue enough?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think the jury's been out on them for a while now.

On a slightly related note, though they've never been known to argue or anything, there's been speculation about Bunsen and Beaker for so long, not to mention the "Flowers on the Wall" video implying there's something going on between them.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
The Bunsen/Beaker thing is disturbing because Beaker would just be like his slave.:eek: