Brown Johnson: Ernie and Bert ARE Gay (if you want)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here we go again. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/apos-sesame-street-apos-exec-140119592.html

To be fair though, this is about the most blunt, lucid, and well-presented answer to the problem: if people want to think they're gay, fine; if people don't want to think they're gay, fine too. Art is always open to interpretation, who are we to say whose interpretation is right and wrong? Think what you want to think, and leave it at that.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Here we go again. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/apos-sesame-street-apos-exec-140119592.html

To be fair though, this is about the most blunt, lucid, and well-presented answer to the problem: if people want to think they're gay, fine; if people don't want to think they're gay, fine too. Art is always open to interpretation, who are we to say whose interpretation is right and wrong? Think what you want to think, and leave it at that.
Yes! You see, this is the answer they should've given to begin with.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
My take is that if some people want to think of them that way, fine. The cannon itself of SS doesn't really suggest they are a couple, though, but whatever.

It's things like that petition a few years ago to make them come out/get married that I don't like.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This is a case in point where people are just quick to put assumptions and label things on others.

I have never considered Ernie and Bert gay; they always came off as good friends and nothing more. What bothers me is how people actually make this subject into a big deal.

I’m just waiting for the day Sesame Workshop gets a lawsuit from someone for not making them homosexual and they end up in court over it. This world has gotten to a ridiculous point in first world problems that I can easily see this happening now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But this way, everybody should be happy: those who want them to be gay are free to think so, and those who don't want to be are free to think so as well; this is the answer SW should have given years ago.

Granted, it's only been recent years they would have been able to give such an answer - if they gave this answer, say, ten years ago or longer, then they probably would have faced some kind of lawsuit or backlash from a group like One Million Moms or similar for trying to indoctronate and brainwash our children into an evil cult that's trying to take over the world and commit genocide of heterosexuals. Parents would be burning SS merchandise with Ernie and Bert on it: plushes, DVDs, books, etc. funding would be slashed for the show on PBS, and it may not still be on today because of it.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Ernie and Bert aren't gay, they're foam and rubber.

I mean, Frank and the creators said they're not gay, so they're not gay.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
its open to interpretation. if someone wants to see a character as gay, fine.

it only becomes an issue when overzealous nutballs who cram their interpretation down your throat and scream and rage and CRY HOMOPHOBIA when someone says they think otherwise.