Brian Henson TMS Introductions

scarecroe

Reaction score
Most folks are familiar with the introductions that Brian Henson provided for The Muppet Show from their inclusion in the Time-Life home video series. They were previously included in their run on The Odyssey Channel which featured the episodes that didn't make the 15 volume video set.

Some of the intros were specific to the episode, and there were others more generic for general use. Some of them can be found in the episode guides here on this site.

Can anyone tell me if the following episodes included specific or generic intros? Additionally, if you have the specific intros and could transcribe them for Muppet Wiki, that would be great. Thanks!

: Wally Boag
: Kris Kristofferson & Rita Coolidge
: Leo Sayer
: Roy Clark
: Jean Stapelton
: Loretta Lynn
: Marissa Bernerson
: James Coco
: Helen Reddy
: Lesley Ann Warren
: Spike Milligan
: Leslie Uggams
: Elke Sommer
: Roger Miller
: Lynn Redgrave
: Cheryl Ladd
: Crystal Gayle
: Shields and Yarnell
: Dyan Cannon
: Victor Borge
: Linda Lavin
: Arlo Guthrie
: Dizzy Gillispie
: Phyllis George
: Anne Murray
: Jonathan Winters
: Christopher Reeve
: Carol Channing
: Doug Henning
: Andy Williams
: Alan Arkin
: Loretta Swit
: Joan Baez
: Shirley Bassey
: Glenda Jackson
: Jean-Pierre Rampal
: Melissa Manchester
: Gladys Knight
: Hal Linden
: Christopher Langham
: Johnny Cash
: Buddy Rich

travellingpat

Reaction score
Well as far as I can see none of these appeared on the Time Life videos/DVDS so i dont think they had specific intros...

700th post!! Woot!

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Ugh Pat, the specific intros weren't made for the Time Life video series, they were originally made during the airing of TMS reruns on the "Odyssey Channel"

scarecroe

Reaction score
Dang, no one taped The Muppet Show when it ran on Odyssey? I guess everyone threw out their cassettes when we thought the entire run was coming to DVD. Oops.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Sorry, Scott. I didn't even have TV when they were showing on Odyssey. :embarrassed: The only episodes I still have are Harvey Korman, Debbie Harry, Sylvester Stallone, Lynn Redgrave, Liza Minelli, and Lynda Carter that a friend of ours gave to me. Those episodes just have the generic introductions.

D

Dil

The Liza Minelli and Debbie Harry Episodes have specific introductions.

Can you tell me what kind of generic intro the Lynn Redgrave? If you can, one of the members might figure it out and then go to Muppet Wiki to update the Brian Henson Introductions Article.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Dil said:
The Liza Minelli and Debbie Harry Episodes have specific introductions.
Yeah, these were taped when they first started running them on Odyssey (with the intros). I'm pretty sure they were all generic then.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Just bumping this up to see if anyone has these. The TMS episode guide on this website keeps a pretty clear record of which intros were used in the first two seasons, but I guess D.W. and Phil don't come to this forum anymore.

Anyone else? I'd be willing to trade for them.