Boy, is this forum dead today or what?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
And the Discord is always still open if you ever want to hop onboard.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Not even gonna lie. Since some members have pretty much jumped ship the beginning of this year this forum has just been feeling like a ghost town half the time.

Sometimes I feel like the only thing that was keeping this forum active outside of the poopy politics thread and the covid thread was sharing undiscovered Sesame Street material until I (and other folks) had to rightfully retire from it for the time being for reasons. 🤷🏿‍♂️
I'm not as active on the Discord server as I used to be, but I think there's even a vibe there that it isn't what it used to be. A couple regulars don't really post like they used to (or at all for that matter).

Regarding the forum (to beat the horse to death), it's all on Phillip for not fixing the approval thing. The situation would be absolutely night and day if new people could get in. The last two people were accepted in January, and before that it was one person in June... of 2020. What in the actual ****.

I’ve been on this site from 2004-10, but was always on the fringe of things. I went away for two years, came back in 2012 and slowly became a bigger presence.
One thing that struck me a few years back was someone’s wish for this forum to return to “The good old days”. But that’s an intangible abstract idea. The good old days can mean different things to different people.

If the good old days were say, the year 2006, you’ll never have that again because 99% of the people who were around then, are gone.

And trying to replicate the past is impossible. It’s the dynamic of the people who are here at any given time who can make it good or bad.
Don't forget though, apparently we're the ones responsible from creating a toxic environment around here that drove many members away.

They say.

:rolleyes:
And what I said applies directly to these statements -- it's not cause old people are gone (cause that's gonna happen with anything in life); it's that new blood isn't allowed in.

Even though they're dying, I still think forums are my favorite medium cause it's a healthy amount of involvement without getting addicted to it. Discord is an addiction and can consume you (it's like a substitute for irl, and I don't really think people on the outside are aware of its power), and on all my active servers drama has been rampant, way more so than my experience on forums.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The thing that put me off about ToughPigs, it seemed like a very exclusive elitist club. They gave the impression of being cooler-than-thou, and even with my vast knowledge and love of the early Sesame days, it left me feeling cold.
I’m grateful nobody here treated me like that, and if anyone new came along, I tried my best to make them feel welcome.
The one thing some people put up partly as a shield, instead of stating there real age or hometown, they’d say they came from “The land where the butterflies kiss the skies”.
That’s all well and good, but I’m glad I got to know some of you better than that. People know my teal name, my real age, where I live, and I don’t expect stalkers outside my door. If you do show up, I”ll grill you a burger or something.
But to the extent people share their problems with me, thank you for your trust. I have nothing to gain by betraying that.
A few years back there was some talk of someone taking over as moderator because Phillip seemed to be delinquent in his duties.
One person suggested me, but I could never fill the role. First, it’s not my site. Second, others would have more technical expertise than me. Thanks for the offer. That would be like me running for president. It’s a job nobody really wants put on them. For all the lip service anyone would be better than Orange Man, be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
ToughPigs recently changed their format and I'm pretty sure the site is broken 99% of the time lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of people, myself included, keep enduring this username and password request, otherwise, access denied.

As far as the overall TP attitude is concerned, I will admit that when I was younger, I kind of found their manner of reviewing and such to be a little . . . cynical, I guess? Yeah, I know that's a strange thing for me to say considering I have a history of being labeled cynical, jaded, pessimistic, and negative around here, but I mean, when it comes to Muppet content online, I don't know, I guess you just kind to come to expect it to be a little more upbeat, uplifting, and positive, not so much snarky . . . but, at the same time, as an adult now, I think I can actually appreciate the more cynical outlook they take when it comes to their content, because it really does show that we're "Muppet Fans Who Grew Up." I guess what I'm trying to say is TP is better appreciated when you're an adult and have more of an adult mindset, whereas other Muppet sites, such as MC, is, for the most part, better for a more general audience, so-to-speak.

But having said that, yes, I also agree that there also seems to be more of a sense superiority with the TP crowd than the MC crowd - generally speaking that is (since I know some people are members of both).