BOO! The "What Scared You Today?" Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just found out that White Supremacists had planned on rallying at the exact same hospital my mom was just at earlier this week. So glad we didn't get mixed up in that.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
My grandmother yelling at someone from inside the car. She does that all the time, and it makes me nervous. Mostly because I'm paranoid, but still, you never know who's carrying a weapon anymore. And you never know what'll set someone off anymore.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
My cat was sleeping on my shoulder, then she suddenly woke up and hissed.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My cat was sleeping on my shoulder, then she suddenly woke up and hissed.
I hate the sound of cats hissing. My cat has possible bipolar disorder so she sometimes will try and cat attack then go back to being nice.

We also have to keep her locked in the workroom when we have family over because she doesn't take kindly to strangers.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I mentioned a while back, I'm getting ready to go on an urban exploration, but I'm really nervous because I've been made well aware of the possibility that where I'm going could be inhabited by shady characters (homeless people, druggies, what have you) and that there's quite a bit of police activity over there because of it, so I'm apprehensive about ending up getting tangled with anybody looking for trouble, or even possibly getting arrested for trespassing or something.

Don't get me wrong, I'm only going for one specific reason, and I want to get in and get out as quick as I can if all goes smoothly, but the first sign of danger, I'm vacating the premises.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The most I'd do for safety is carry some pepper spray.

Reminds me of whenever I drive through areas that have numerous duplex houses just lined up with each other, each having gates on the sides and whatnot. Ghetto cities, man. Ghetto cities.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had a pocket knife with me just in case, lol.

But it actually went super smooth: the only problem I encountered was just as I finished filming a construction worker approached me and saw me out of the building because apparently they're working on refurbishing the building and no one is allowed inside without a hard hat. I apologized and went about my way, so I guess it's good I went in when I did, because otherwise, the graffiti tags I went in there to film will be lost to time.

And you're not telling me anything I don't know: we have our fair share of ghettos here too. Heck, my own neighborhood used to be all-ghetto years and years ago before I moved into the area: even now, it's seen some slow yet steady gentrification even just since I've been here, but there's still occasional problems with bums and thugs and other unsavory characters hanging around.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This is actually how I feel when driving in certain parts of NH. I've always lived in the suburbs with nice houses, so going into areas with apartment duplexes against side walks with gates on each side just makes me nervous. :stick_out_tongue:

On another note, today I was going for a walk and a grasshopper landed on my leg. I thought it was a tick (sure relieved it wasn't) but still startled me.