Bonnie Pointer dead at 69

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The group taped several song inserts for Sesame Street in season 6, covering their song "Yes, We Can Can," as well as performing "Hush Little Baby" and "Swingin' Alphabet." They also recorded the vocals for the popular "Pinball Number Count" cartoon.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Looks like what was a foursome in the 1970s, is now down to a duo. We lost June in April 2006, and now we lose Bonnie in June 2020. Only Anita and Ruth remain.

"Goldmine" was the group's final top 40 hit in December 1986 - it lasted only a short time. It was a great song, though not as great as "Dare Me", "American Music" or "Automatic".

And, regarding "Yes We Can Can", did they use the exact same lyrics on the "Sesame Street" version? I did learn that the song made the Billboard top 40.

The "Pinball Number Count" vocals were the Pointers' best work on "Sesame Street", in my opinion.

Bonnie recorded a disco song "Heaven Must Have Sent You". Now, in reality, heaven must have sent her - up, that is. At least we can be grateful that COVID-19.didn't kill her.

Last edited:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Looks like what was a foursome in the 1970s, is now down to a duo. We lost June in April 2006, and now we lose Bonnie in June 2020. Only Anita and Ruth remain.

"Goldmine" was the group's final top 40 hit in December 1986 - it lasted only a short time. It was a great song, though not as great as "Dare Me", "American Music" or "Automatic".

And, regarding "Yes We Can Can", did they use the exact same lyrics on the "Sesame Street" version? I did learn that the song made the Billboard top 40.

The "Pinball Number Count" vocals were the Pointers' best work on "Sesame Street", in my opinion.

Bonnie recorded a disco song "Heaven Must Have Sent You". Now, in reality, heaven must have sent her - up, that is. At least we can be grateful that COVID-19.didn't kill her.
It doesn’t look like the Yes We Can Can lyrics were changed.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I was about seven when they sang their alphabet song on Sesame Street.
Complete with disco balls and the whole deal.
I always loved the tag at the very end-“and H—E-P spells HEP! Yeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!”
Get down!!😍
And of course the Pinball Number count. They were all good, but they really belted it out on 12.
Growing up with Sesame in the 70’s was a great time to be alive.
It was Dy-no-nite!!!😃