Birdseed Milkshake Recipe

BEAR

Reaction score
Have you ever wondered what a birdseed milkshake tasted like or how to make one? We've seen Big Bird drink them for years. Well, I've recently gotten curious about this, so I finally decided tonight that I would do a little experiment. I made my own version of a birdseed milkshake and I gotta say, it ain't half bad! I didn't use actual birdseed that you buy in those big bags at the pet store (I didn't want to take that much of a risk because I wasn't sure if it was safe to buy the seed that way for a human). Instead I bought shelled sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds and put them in a blender with some milk, a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream (I've seen Alan scoop ice cream for Big Bird's shakes), and a bit of cinnamon for more flavor. Not bad! Not bad at all! I might even make it again. Anyone else ever try this? What do you think?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I hadn't really thought about that, but it does seem like Hooper's gives away a lot of stuff for free (Big Bird's milkshake, Baby Bear's pooridge, etc.) Makes me wonder if Bert and Ernie really needed to trade their prized possessions that one Christmas Eve.

BEAR

Reaction score
Well, we never actually see Baby Bear pay for his porridge, but that doesn't mean he doesn't. He does have parents, so maybe they pay the tab later or give Baby Bear an allowance. Big Bird, on the other hand, has no parents other than Gordon and Susan.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmm. I hadn't really thought of that. Big Bird could easily pay as well even if we don't see it, or Susan and Gordon could pay the tab or even Bob or Maria or Luis. Something to think about.

BEAR

Reaction score
Big Bird would only be able to pay if he a) had a job, which he doesn't, or b) had parents or guardians to pay for him or give him money to pay. We basically know that if anyone was considered his legal guardian, it would be Gordon and Susan. Or they're atleast his main guardians, even though all the grownups pretty much look after him. Maybe Alan just gives it to him on the house and the money comes out of his own pocket. Eh, who knows! Maybe there is no money exchange on Sesame Street except for when Grover is selling something.

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
Have you ever wondered what a birdseed milkshake tasted like or how to make one? We've seen Big Bird drink them for years. Well, I've recently gotten curious about this, so I finally decided tonight that I would do a little experiment. I made my own version of a birdseed milkshake and I gotta say, it ain't half bad! I didn't use actual birdseed that you buy in those big bags at the pet store (I didn't want to take that much of a risk because I wasn't sure if it was safe to buy the seed that way for a human). Instead I bought shelled sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds and put them in a blender with some milk, a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream (I've seen Alan scoop ice cream for Big Bird's shakes), and a bit of cinnamon for more flavor. Not bad! Not bad at all! I might even make it again. Anyone else ever try this? What do you think?
That sounds cool to me! Someday, I’m gonan give it a try but w/ Oreo ice cream!:wisdom::wisdom:

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
Well, we never actually see Baby Bear pay for his porridge, but that doesn't mean he doesn't. He does have parents, so maybe they pay the tab later or give Baby Bear an allowance. Big Bird, on the other hand, has no parents other than Gordon and Susan.
Well, he does have Granny Bird, she might even mail him money every month.