"BIRD CALL" Kickstarter!

AAO

Reaction score
What you use to make the beaks? They look really good.
Some beaks are just simply foam that has been sprayed with a coat of paint. Luckl, Speck, and Mr. Magpie's beaks are made of foam but our builder has a way of giving them a "shell" hardened look with a hardening paint that helps keep its shape. :smile: I'll have to ask what it was he was using. I'm glad you enjoyed our stuff so far! There's more to come soon!

AAO

Reaction score
Just wanna say I've been watching some of your videos on YouTube and I love them. I really hope you guys get the funding you need. Do you have a backup plan in case kickstarter doesn't work?
Thank you very much! :smile: We love what we do and can't wait to go bigger with the series! The backup plan is just to try other routes of ways of getting it out there for television. Please share the Kickstarter page with anyone you know who may like the show or be interested! The great thing is with the Kickstarter is that we give rewards to those who do pledge - the rewards vary from how much those give.

I created the show in 2002 when I was about 16 and was on and off with it pursing other shows and so on... So now here we are... 10 years later I have a wonderful cast who have put their heart and soul into it and so excited for the next steps!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Some beaks are just simply foam that has been sprayed with a coat of paint. Luckl, Speck, and Mr. Magpie's beaks are made of foam but our builder has a way of giving them a "shell" hardened look with a hardening paint that helps keep its shape. :smile: I'll have to ask what it was he was using. I'm glad you enjoyed our stuff so far! There's more to come soon!
Wow, I never thought of something like that. That's really clever. It saves you the hassle of trying to mold plastic.

AAO

Reaction score
Wow, I never thought of something like that. That's really clever. It saves you the hassle of trying to mold plastic.
Right?! One of our builders helped get what I designed into reality and kept true to Luckl's "look"! Great stuff!!

kessto

Reaction score
Im so inspired by what you do and what you are doing, just fantastic!

Reactions: AAO
Reaction score
Wish I would have heard of you guys when I was staying in Orlando. I'd hate to just take your idea like that but I have a bird puppet I'm working on and I'd love to give the Beak that type of shell look. Good stuff man

Reactions: AAO

AAO

Reaction score
We've been around for a while but it's no problem! Maybe you'll hear of us sooner than you think!

As for the beak, play with different ways of doing it. Not all the beaks have the shell look. Some characters need a flexible look for inflections, reactions, so on...

Often we've found the hard shell beaks can lose the subtle movements you would want out of the character. BUT it depends on how the character is played where you can use more on vocal performance and acting skills than puppetry skills. That's where you can make those decisions on how the character should be built IF the character has been established in your head or in script form.

AAO

Reaction score
Here's a preview of the songs from "BIRD CALL"
Songs Written by: Calvin Lester
Composed by: Glenn Longacre

Vocal Cast:
Calvin Lester as Luckl-Duckl Bird
Tyler Bunch as Fowl Owl
Nick Peugh as Mr. Chicker
Jason Rush as Kesmoe
Billy Horne as Speck and Buzzard Beak
Rachael Biehler as Francise and Ki-Ki Kookaburra