Big Bird Book Signing ... I Can't Wait!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Scott's story was so amazing and touching !

Id like everyone to write there stories and maybe have them in the 'Articles' section of MC ?!

With pictures !

See ya

Thog

Reaction score
Since Scott and I were the last 2 people to have their books signed, he took a little more time and chatted a bit more. I had asked him to sign my copy of Unpaved but I forgot to give it to him. So Debi (his wife) took it over to him for me. In doing so I set down my book that he wrote and left it on a chair. When I left I got all the way to the red line (subway) and realized that I had forgotten my book. So I ran back but it was gone. So Caroll started going through all the books that he had in a box to see if it got mixed in. I felt bad that he was doing this for me. After about 5 min of looking Debi gave me another copy which was already made out for Dan but it was really for Scott because he thought Scott’s name was Dan, but it's not it's really Scott. :stick_out_tongue:
The only thing is that this book doesn't have the nice little note that his wife wrote in it for me. Oh well it was a great experience and I’m glad I got to meet them.

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Originally posted by smcguire
Then he signed the books, all with an illustration of either Big Bird or Grover (your choice).
Really? Big Bird or Grover?? Or do you mean Oscar? Did he do any Oscar drawings for anyone?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Travis,

Oscar.

I hope im not wrong, or I will be *so* embarrased !

:big_grin:

smcguire

Reaction score
Oops! No, Warrick, it's my turn to be embarrassed. Of course I meant "Big Bird or Oscar", not Grover. :embarrassed:

Very sorry to hear about your first signed book, Dan - but at least that mistakenly signed book went to good use after all.

(Dan meant that Caroll mistakenly made out Scott M.'s book to Dan, even though he hadn't met Dan yet, not that he made Scott H.'s book for Dan, of course. It was all a little bit confusing!)

--Scott McGuire

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Travis,

*Points To Scott*

He is *SO* embarassed !

And Caroll is psychic too !

see ya

Thog

Reaction score
Ohhh....I saw you there. I was standing in the back. There were many more people at this one than the on in Harvard Square. I got to spend about 45 min outside smoking butts with his son Ben and my friend Dale. It was a lot of fun. The best part of the night was when he sang I Love Trash. But he did indeed remember me from last night and the catastrophe that almost was.:embarrassed:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Ack! I wondered who that was you were talking to as I drove out of the parking lot. I should have stuck around, but I think I was just really disappointed with how the evening went what with the lame questions about "remember me from 4th grade?" and all. :sympathy:

Oh well, we had some good encounters just the same. It would have been nice to have met some other online fans too though :smile:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Is anyone going to the Chicago one? If I beg really really hard, I may be able to get my mom to drive me down as a "Congrats on finishing your first year of college" gift! Oh please!