Big Bird banned on a roof

rtgentry

Reaction score
Sorry , that wasnt a snap, just a caps lock error. I dislike association neighborhoods also and would never live in one. You even have to ask to do an improvement to your house or build a tool shed in back. Its all very controlling. I would vote the bird stays

Ernie101

Reaction score
It seems like the home owner is going to brush it off, whitch is good to see. He isn't going to let it get to him that much. People have their own ways that they want certain things to look like, and they aren't as accepting of other peoples opinions..

HAHAHAHA.. Oh man.. what is this the national inquirer? The news article under it says, H.S coach reprimanded for licking players bleeding wounds.

If that's real, then I'm Mary Poppins.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:
It seems like the home owner is going to brush it off, whitch is good to see. He isn't going to let it get to him that much. People have their own ways that they want certain things to look like, and they aren't as accepting of other peoples opinions..

HAHAHAHA.. Oh man.. what is this the national inquirer? The news article under it says, H.S coach reprimanded for licking players bleeding wounds.

If that's real, then I'm Mary Poppins.

And if you're Mary Poppins then you and I need to get married right now! :zany:

Ernie101

Reaction score
Haha, That can be arranged. J/k.

Seriously though, a lot of the other articles on that site look like jokes. I'm not sure.. where'd you find this link?

BEAR

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:

Seriously though, a lot of the other articles on that site look like jokes. I'm not sure.. where'd you find this link?

Maybe its a news site dedicated specifically to ridiculous and bizarre stories. If so, this article would fit

Ziffel

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:

Yeah some of these other news items are also a little bizarre. Of course, a lot of stories make news headlines if there's something bizarre or different about them. Like in this Big Bird on the roof case, if no one minded the statue being there then there wouldn't be a news release simply saying, "Man puts statue of Big Bird on his roof." This link looks like a basic mainstream local news website from Florida. Maybe local ABC news station.

And now I understand a little better about the complaints (being he is in a historical association neighborhood that has certain requirements he agreed to adhere to). However, I agree with everyone here that it still seems like all this commotion from the neighbors over a bird statue is way overblown, highly unnecessary, and indicative of some people having way too much time on their hands.

That Announcer

Reaction score
I just read the article and all the comments here, and I can't help but think of a Jay Leno joke from about three months ago.

"Martha Stewart may be in trouble again. Officials today may have to increase security, as it is believed that she has broken her house-arrest charge by attending a People Magazine party celebrating her work. Meanwhile, no news on the whereabouts of OSAMA BIN LADEN!"

The problem here is that the cops ought to have something better to do than order a man to remove a Big Bird statue from his roof. It's nothing but a waste of time.

bigbirdfan

Reaction score
They shoud GET OVER IT!!!!! DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!!! must be anti muppets
I think that anti muppet freaks NEED A LIFE!!!!!!!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I think anyone to complain about something so petty should really get a life. Look at all the problems the world faces today, terrorism threats etc and they just sit and home worrying about stupid little things and about themselves.