Best ever sitcom

McFraggle

Reaction score
I have several, in no particular order:

"Mary Tyler Moore"
"Golden Girls"
"Sanford and Son"
"All In The Family"
"South Park" (if you really consider it a sitcom)
"A Different World" (after Lisa Bonet left)
"The Cosby Show"
"Full House"
"Family Matters"
"Perfect Strangers"
"Step By Step"
"Boy Meets World"
"Fresh Prince"
"Larry Sanders"
"Newhart"
etc.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Newhart, is that the show with "This is my brother Bob, and this is my other brother Bob." Or something like that? :crazy:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Newhart, is that the show with "This is my brother Bob, and this is my other brother Bob." Or something like that? :crazy:
Actually, the line is, "Hi, I'm Larry, this is my brother darryl, and this is my other brother, darryl".

MrsPepper

Reaction score
YEAH YEAH that's it. I didn't know what it was. :embarrassed: That's wicked. Thanks. :wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I actually think that sitcoms get better with time. But my favorite ones are The Office and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. I'm really liking Kath & Kim and fell it's underrated as it is n extremly funny show.

There are just so many great shows past and percent out there. Plus, I always think of The Fresh Prince as this sort of perfection as it just always gets and nails it just right.

But I find the the further back you go, the funnier shows get. All the shows from the earliest days of television are the funniest ones! Love The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet! Makes me laugh every time and it's always genuine witch is the great thing about it!

yetiman

Reaction score
I'm happy people are mentioning "Perfect Strangers". It's a show that for years I've been saying "what was that show with the foreign cousin who came to live with the curly-haired American guy", and that was totally it. I loved it when I was a little kid.

Did you know that "Family Matters" was a spin-off of it? Harriet, the mom, was the elevator operator, and her husband, Carl, was the policeman.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I always liked Sports Night. Some of the best writing in television. Sports Night was the show that had to die to give us West Wing. :attitude:

Gilmore Girls was also an under-rated show.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh yeah! 30 Rock is like the funniest and best show on TV right now!

I totally agree! The writing for The Glmore Girls was just brilliant!

Kiki

Reaction score
My faves (in no order):

The Simpsons (Dude. It's The Simpsons! But the old eps are the best, fer shur);
Family Guy;
Seinfeld (such a clever show);
Happy Days;
Friends;
Saved by the Bell;
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air;
Two and Half Men (In moderation...);
Everybody Loves Raymond;
Family Ties;
Get Smart (My Mum used to love it as a kid, so I watched it a lot cause of her);
M*A*S*H;
Bewitched;
I Dream of Jeannie;
Home Inprovement;
The Monkees;
The Brady Bunch (*waits to be egged at*);
Three's Company;
The Nanny (yeah, I know what your thinkin'... the voice...);
Addams Family;
Golden Girls and
Fawlty Towers (IT RAWKS).

One sitcom I hate is Will & Grace. When it was on I was trying to like it but I just couldn't. And the chick Karen is soooo annoying. I'm so glad they got rid of it and put Friends back on.