Bernie Brillstein dies

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
R.I.P. Bernie :sympathy: Thanks in part to you, the Muppets couldn't have made it to where they are.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
He was behind at least two of my fanaticisms: Muppets and Ghostbusters.

He also cared a great deal about Jim Henson, so by that connection alone we've lost a friend who never knew us.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Another loss of an entertainment giant. In addition to Jim, Bernie managed Dan Aykroyd, Chevy Chase, John Belushi, Gilda Radner, Lorne Michaels, Richard Dreyfuss, Chris Farley, David Spade, Dana Carvey, Dennis Miller, Bob Odenkirk and Martin Short, among many others.

Films he produced or executive produced include The Blues Brothers, Continental Divide (a comedy featuring John Belushi in his only romantic role), Neighbors (Belushi's final film), Doctor Detroit, Ghostbusters, Spies Like Us, Dragnet, Happy Gilmore and The Cable Guy.

On TV he was producer or executive producer on such shows as ALF, Mr. Show, Just Shoot Me, The Dana Carvey Show, The Martin Short Show, Primetime Glick and NewsRadio.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
*takes off cap and places in on heart* R.I.P, he helped the Muppets become as big as they were. He will be missed. :frown:

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Wow... this is depressing...

Rest in peace, Bernie. Here's to all your hard work, and let there not be alligators where you're going.

... Sorry, I didn't mean to... destroy the seriousness. *sheds a few tears*

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Rest in peace, Bernie. Here's to all your hard work, and let there not be alligators where you're going.

... Sorry, I didn't mean to... destroy the seriousness. *sheds a few tears*
Aw, I think that's fine, it's in the spirit!

My prayers to his family. Rest in peace, Bernie.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Well, I guess the ongoing Muppet antics up in heaven needed an executive producer...

In the Land of Gorch tonight, there will be a 20-tarpit-and-smoking-crater salute, and Scred will sing "Thanks for the Memories..." which will be cut short when Ploobis puts him in a headlock to shut him up.

Rest in peace, Mr. Brillstein.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I remember seeing Bernie's cameo when Jim was inducted into The TV Hall of Fame. He was in his office (filled with Muppet merchandise lol):

"There's a frog on the phone for you."

Bernie: "Which frog?...Oh Kermit the frog!" Lol