Bernie Brillstein dies

theprawncracker

Reaction score
When I first read this news I was stunned... and then I turned on my MP3 copy of Jim's induction into the Television Academy Hall of Fame just to hear Bernie's cameo ("Oh, Bernie--you mean Mister Brillstein! Well, he's probably very busy consumating a big deal for moi at this very moment." "Consumate, as in soup?" "Well... somethin' better be cookin', that's all I gotta say!"). He was just... wonderful and I will sorely miss him.

Let's not forget that he was also Miss Piggy's "manager." Er... at least that's what she always called him during her many phone calls to her manager.

Rest in Peace, Mister B.! I'm sure Jim, Jerry, and Richard all need someone to manage their antics up there!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Rest in peace, Mr. Brillstein.
Rest in Peace, Mister B.! I'm sure Jim, Jerry, and Richard all need someone to manage their antics up there!
I think that's a good way to think about it. "I guess they needed Muppets in Heaven." :smile:
I couldn't agree with you more. May you R.I.P Mr. Brillstein.I'm sure Jim Jerry & Richard are all sharing memories.
My sympathy goes out to the Brillstein family.:sympathy:

pattywack

Reaction score
Oh that's awful. I'm so sorry to hear this news >_< May he rest in peace.

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
awww...I dont really know who he was, or wat he did...But i think thats anytime a person in a muppet family passes...it heart breaking

Beauregard

Reaction score
He guided Jim towards the future Jim wanted...and I thank him for that. Thanks Bernie, the world will miss you.

Luke

Reaction score
Very sad news, he wasn't just Miss Piggy's manager, he was also ALF's (yes, they shared a manager - he had just made it out of the slammer lol). Bernie was a big part of Jim's life, and the Muppets, and he was one of the few people to see Jim a few days before he died. Really sad news, he will be missed!

I wrote a review of Bernie's autobiography for Muppet Central back in 2001, i thought it might be a good idea to point it out for people who didn't know that much about him -
http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/merchandise/brillstein.shtml

beaker

Reaction score
Man I just saw this news on Aint it Cool. They have made this their top headline news, and gave a wonderful tribute in words:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37878

His love and determination of opening doors for the Muppets cannot be understated...and I can only imagine how our own Luke must be feelings of this news, given he's been such a big proponent of highlighting Brillstein's importance.

Drtooth

Reaction score
His love and determination of opening doors for the Muppets cannot be understated...and I can only imagine how our own Luke must be feelings of this news, given he's been such a big proponent of highlighting Brillstein's importance.
That's how I feel exactly. While Jim had the determination and the gift, Bernie was the unseen muscle that helped the Muppets allong. As well as being a powerhouse in all these other people's careers... we have lost another giant in the entertainment business.