Below the Frame - Muppeteer Q&A

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the latest edition of "Below the Frame" with the Muppeteers of Sesame Street. This is the final live stream from shooting of Season 48 which begins airing on HBO in January 2018 and PBS in September 2018.

Below the Frame videos and live segments currently premiere on Thursday while Sesame Street is in production. Follow Matt Vogel on Facebook for live videos and updates as they happen. Matt is the host of "Below the Frame" while Stephanie D'Abruzzo performs the theme and produces "Below the Frame" extras when the Muppeteers aren't live on Facebook.

If you enjoyed this video, please like this message and share your thoughts below.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I'm the one who asked Ryan what non-Sesame Muppet things he's done. It was nice that he answered even if he doesn't remember some examples.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
They answered my question about how hats generally get put on (and he pronounced my last name right!). That's something I've been wondering for years, some hat-and-head combinations look like they'd be hard to keep the hats on (like most hats Kermit wears).

It's interesting they bring up how difficult construction worker hats are to put on because that's one I've really wondered about. I often watch scenes with Biff and Sully and it seems like they hats keep "moving" a little so it's amazing their hats usually stay on (and I've seen instances of both characters hats flying off while they are drilling, if they were sewn/pinned on they should have stayed partially attached to their heads, like hanging from the back, and if they used double-sided tape then it's lucky the tape stayed in the hat as opposed to the characters heads).

Didn't think of this as having a "season finale", and thought it seemed a little early for a season finale (I guess it makes sense if there's going to be a production break before the next season starts). Of course I haven't watched all of these, I can watch the rest as I wait for the next season.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I kind of like the fact that this episode didn't have any specific focus, it was nice to just watch them be themselves and goof around.

Oh, and I could listen to Stephanie sing all day.

And, most importantly, Beyond the Sock! In Texas! I live in Texas. I must go.

I'm the one who asked Ryan what non-Sesame Muppet things he's done. It was nice that he answered even if he doesn't remember some examples.
Well, I know he at least did the big musical number with the Muppets for the last episode of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon when they sang "The Load". That's all I know though.

jobi71

Reaction score
I kind of like the fact that this episode didn't have any specific focus, it was nice to just watch them be themselves and goof around.

Oh, and I could listen to Stephanie sing all day.

And, most importantly, Beyond the Sock! In Texas! I live in Texas. I must go.

Well, I know he at least did the big musical number with the Muppets for the last episode of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon when they sang "The Load". That's all I know though.
I believe that as Ryan was thinking someone (John Kennedy perhaps) referred to The Weight saying something like "Fallon" or "Late Night" something that made me think of the appearance. Kennedy was probably there too as they needed by my unofficial count two dozen plus puppeteers.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I believe that as Ryan was thinking someone (John Kennedy perhaps) referred to The Weight saying something like "Fallon" or "Late Night" something that made me think of the appearance. Kennedy was probably there too as they needed by my unofficial count two dozen plus puppeteers.
Muppet Wiki has the full list of performers and you are right, there were 24 of them:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Late_Night_with_Jimmy_Fallon

ShMuppetgal96

Reaction score
Hearing my name said aloud and my questions answered for the first time was pretty exciting! I may take up that commission offer on Leslie's pipe cleaner art. And I had no idea that so many people worked that one little squid in that scene in Men in Black if Peter only did a single tentacle.

I even looked up Pet Cemetery 2 to watch the scenes with the zombie dog!