• Bein' Green

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • The Rainbow Connection

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
We always have to explain this but the question is which one is more Kermit's song. Not so much which is your favorite. :wink:
I would say that the Rainbow Connection is more Kermit's song. I'm not really sure how to explain why but that's how I feel about it.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Oh. Well Kermit's song is bein' green. it speaks how he feels about himself.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I say both of them do. I don't think either one out weighs the other.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
I think Bein' Green is more of Kermit's song. It tells us clearly what he thinks of himself. For one thing, green things are very easy to oversee but for another thing, green happens to be the color of many positive things. Not to mention it's a very tranquil color. But, personally, I like Rainbow Connection more:smile:

Hayley B

Reaction score
I always loved Rainbow Connection more. Glad it won.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I just know I always cry when Kermit sings Rainbow Connection so it def has a special place in my heart. I think of Jim everytime.

bandit

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd say that it depends on what you're looking for. "Being Green" is straight up Kermit while "Rainbow Connection" has a more collective Muppets feel to it. Both are good but I think I related more to the "Rainbow" That was pretty close to my era. ^_^

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm just jumping into this now, so I apologize if anyone has made the points I'm about to.

Both could be considered a Kermit theme, but....

Bein' Green is more specific to Kermit. The lyrics are slow and mellow, much like Kermit. It shows how even in circumstances that seem dark or negative, you can always turn things around and look positively, if you choose to. To borrow the term, "Life's a Happy Song" if you make i that way, which is how Kermit sees the world.

While, Rainbow Connection is definitely a Kermit song, it is also more broad to be a Muppet Song in general. It was used as a reprise in The Muppet Movie, and sung as a duet (and later ensemble) in The Muppets. It's a song about rising up, and chasing your dreams, about never giving up. This is something that describes the Muppets in general, because no one can keep them down, Not Doc Hopper, Not Nicky Holiday, and Not Tex Richman.