• Bein' Green

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • The Rainbow Connection

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pianogirl

Reaction score
I have to say "Rainbow Connection" is tops. Not the meaning it has or the performances they gave, because they are both wonderful in that sense, but the musicianship used in the actual writing of the song is ideal in "Rainbow Connection". It is more melodic, layered, complex, and easier to listen to, whereas "Bein' Green" requires more attentive listening to follow where the song is going.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I have to say "Rainbow Connection" is tops. Not the meaning it has or the performances they gave, because they are both wonderful in that sense, but the musicianship used in the actual writing of the song is ideal in "Rainbow Connection". It is more melodic, layered, complex, and easier to listen to, whereas "Bein' Green" requires more attentive listening to follow where the song is going
I have to agree with you with Rainbow Connection. The song is soft, sweet and easy on the ears as far as melody goes. For me Rainbow Connection just sums up everything the Muppet's aspire to be. They can be lovers, they dare to dream the impossible and they never exclude nor brush people off just because they're different.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
"Bein' Green" is more sincere in it's delivery, but "Rainbow Connection" is grander and more epic in scale.
I'm gonna go with "Bein' Green". :smile:

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I know I've already posted for Rainbow Connection, but the other day I was walking down the street and the most amazing thing happened. I walked into a gift shop and the first sound I heard was the banjo opening and I just had this sudden feeling that I walked in on something amazing. Of course it was just a gift shop, but the Rainbow Connection can catch you off guard like that. Wonderful song, it really is.

FraggleLover130

Reaction score
This is hard. Obviously "Rainbow Connection" was made for film and was naturally a much fuller, grander song. And it's so moving and brilliant.

But from what I've seen, "Bein' Green" is more well known to the general public. And I love its message; be proud of who you are, don't try to change yourself to please other people. They ought to play this song to anyone considering cosmetic surgery. :smile:

Nowadays, pop culture does not preach being proud of yourself. The attitude is, if you don't blend in with the crowd, you need to be fixed. And you'll feel better once you're just like everyone else.
It's true. When you listen to pop radio, its all about doing stupid stuff and making bad decisions. There are like 5 good songs that I've heard. The media and pop culture are especially hard (in my opinion) on teenage girls. The main message is that you have to be a supermodel to be beautiful. The Muppets say you should be yourself, and we're all weirdos anyway. This is why the Muppets (and Fraggles, and Sesame Street characters) will forever be my best friends and role models.
:smile:

Kristine73

Reaction score
Such a difficult decision, especially because I love both songs. Having said that I will have to go with The Rainbow Connection. It just seems to suit not only Kermit but the whole Muppet outlook of dreaming, optimism and love.

lady piggy

Reaction score
Hmm i would have to say Rainbow connection ,simply because i think it can apply to everyone . Where as Being Green seems like it has to do with a specific type of person. Both are very lovely songs ,but Rainbow connection just gets to me.<3

Bridget

Reaction score
Okay, looks as if I am going to have to change my answer a tad.

Bein' Green. Why? The song applies to those who can sometimes feel unhappy about themselves; just feeling as if they are just another soul in the world who can get looked over. It can apply to me, in the way where I have my moments where I wish that I was that celebrity or that girl in my school, when the truth is, I cannot be anyone else but myself. I can only be what I was meant to be. In Kermit's case, green was what he was born to be.

SpookyMania

Reaction score
This is such a tough call. They both have really wonderful messages are equally timeless. I think I'd have to go with "Rainbow Connection," though. It's my favorite song. Whenever I'm feeling sad, that song just picks me right up. So that gets my vote.