Votes: 11 31.4%
  • The Rainbow Connection

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I thought it was that you'll feel better once you are better than everybody else.

Anyway, I like Bein' Green better. Besides, green is my favorite color. As for The Rainbow Connection being more singable, I recently realised that both songs do not have any lyrics that rhyme.

The Rainbow Connection definitely rhymes!

BEAR

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I'd think "Bein' Green" is more like Kermit's anthem, but "Rainbow Connection" is what the Muppets are all about, so I vote RC, plus I think it's a better song.

Excellent point! I'll have to agree here, Dave. I adore both songs though. "Green" is most definitely Kermit's anthem, and "Rainbow Connection" is more the anthem of the Muppets (along with a number of other songs, such as "Just One Person" and "It's in Every One of Us".)

BEAR

Reaction score
Just a reminder...
Remember what the initial question was that Anything Muppet asked:
"What is the ultimate Kermit theme?"
He wasn't asking what the Muppet theme was nor what your personal favorite of the two songs are. Just something to keep in mind.

On that note, I am voting for "Bein' Green".

superboober

Reaction score
I'd have to go with Rainbow Connection. There's just more magic to it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Just a reminder...
Remember what the initial question was that Anything Muppet asked:
"What is the ultimate Kermit theme?"
He wasn't asking what the Muppet theme was nor what your personal favorite of the two songs are. Just something to keep in mind.
You're right, the question was "What is Kermit's theme?". And that is definitely "Bein Green', IMO. It's something very personal to him. Yet at the same time, anyone can identify with it.

My favorite rendition is Kermit with Ray Charles; it's just amazing, magic. It also demonstrates how important the song's message was for the '60s and '70s. And how important it still should be. Different can be beautiful.

"The words say "It's not easy being green'" but the song is about knowing who you are. And in it you hear Jim's message most clearly. He believed that people are good and that they want to do their best and no matter how or why we might be different from anybody else, we should learn to love who we are and be proud of it."

Ray Charles

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
I agree that Bein' Green seems more like Kermit's theme, but RC is more my favorite.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I voted for Rainbow Connection but I now regret it as I like Bein' Green better and I like the message of it better :stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
anytimepally said:
when I think of "Bein' Green," I think of Kermit
I usually think of paint remover because when I think of Bein' Green it usually means I spilled paint on myself.

(OK, it was a long shot for a stoopid joke.) :embarrassed:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I'm a Rainbow Connection person as well. Like Foz, I can connect to is more personally than being green (yes, yes, I understand it doesn't mean green literally)