Behind the Scenes of "The Muppet Movie"

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
{SNIP!} also, do you know if the audio for the entire guy smiley sketches were pre-recorded or if it was just guy smileys scenes?
It was the entire sketch, which is what made it so difficult to perform. You might also notice the clock having a little trouble keeping time and being at the right place when Guy keeps telling Grover how much time he has left. That's because it's just a person on a ladder behind the set turning it by hand.

:stick_out_tongue:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yey! More trivia! I'm loving it, I'm bathing in it, I'm....eeew, I got some on my clean leather suit. *flicks trivia back where it came from*

Seriously, I Love this thread with a capital Love!

That Announcer

Reaction score
Question for WOE:

You said earlier on that it was a pre-recorded track you guys were performing to. Now, did the Muppeteers themselves overdub massive amounts of tracks to create the final chorus, or was it just nameless people that came in to do the track?

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
Question for WOE:

You said earlier on that it was a pre-recorded track you guys were performing to. Now, did the Muppeteers themselves overdub massive amounts of tracks to create the final chorus, or was it just nameless people that came in to do the track?
I would think it was a chorus that was brought in to fill it out.

I'm sorry I haven't written Part 3 of the story yet. I'm going out of town for the 4th and will get to it when I get back. Stay tuned!

That Announcer

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:

I'm sorry I haven't written Part 3 of the story yet. I'm going out of town for the 4th and will get to it when I get back. Stay tuned!

Well, have fun! I too will be seeing the fireworks from my aunt's place in Vermont. This will be the first time I've ever been to a Fourth celebration, so I'm understandably excited!

unclematt

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
Well, have fun! I too will be seeing the fireworks from my aunt's place in Vermont. This will be the first time I've ever been to a Fourth celebration, so I'm understandably excited!
My Sister is in Vermont for the fourth. I myself will be taking in the views in my sweet home Chicago. I love living 10 minutes away from th city.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
You could be right. I don't remember. But it would have made sense for them to be there.

I just found a picture of the closing scene of "TMM", I managed to spot one of the characters from "SNL"

CLICK TO VIEW

Hope it helps :smile:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:

can't awit :stick_out_tongue:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
I just found a picture of the closing scene of "TMM", I managed to spot one of the characters from "SNL"
I stand corrected. Remember, it was over 25 years ago, plus, look how far away from them I was. They're way in the back corner.

But what a great picture! Where did you find it?

And while looking for that picture, I came across a different one:

REHEARSAL HALL

The bottom picture shows the rehearsal hall space with the floor numbered for the puppeteers to stand on. You can see us arriving with the puppets. The space where we shot the scene had a black floor and we had to just know who we were near to find our spots.

The funny thing is, my memory is slightly fuzzy because I remember Grover being over my right shoulder and behind me, but he's clearly over my left shoulder and behind me.

Tomorrow, Part 3!

I promise!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
two kermits

there was one scene in the movie where kermit was literally talking to himself in the dessert. for this scene, do you know whether there were two kermit puppets and jim henson dubbed the vice for one of them, or if the scene was matted (like if kermit was playing a dual role)?