B Is For Bubble Song

bigbird

Reaction score
This was one of those happy songs that would appeal to any kid. A bunch of unseen kids singin pretty much the same verses over a few times while clips of kids blowing bubbles with bubble gum are shown.

Bubble bubble bubble, bubble bubble bubble

B is the letter in bubble gum

and B is the brother who brought you some

and B is better than any letter for bubble gum

(the verse from the 2nd line repeats)

The skit ends with a kid blowing a BIG bubble that explodes on his face while at the same time, an unseen kid says "POW"!

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
That clip was shown as early as the 8th episode back in November 1969.

The Big B Treasure Hunt.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I get this one stuck in my head all the time for some reason! Probably because it's so catchy. I'll sing it in the car and my fiance looks at me like I'm crazy. I remember that when they start singing the second time through a couple of the kids start giggling while they're singing, cause it is a silly little song. Good memories.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I've seen that one hundreds of times, giant bubble in the face and all. The song borrows the tune of "Three Blind Mice"; apparently, the writers assumed that using an un-copyrighted tune "as is" was OK. (Even in kindergarten, I noticed that the melodies that Sesame Street used to parody popular tunes weren't copied note for note à la Weird Al.)

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Yet another Classic that was remade

This song was Remade in I think the 30th Season, with the same Lyrics and same original Audio recording. But the Video was remade with that updated Film look, and different kids from the current Generation Blowing Bubbles with Bubble Gum.