Avenue Q Shuts Down!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Frieun Laven!

Anyone knows if this is gonna affect tourings?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Jerry Lewis? Really? Is this to be the story of Jerry's life, because he is very ill right now and wouldn't be able appear. It's good that he does so much for kids with muscular dystrophy, but I have never found him funny and nothing about him can be nearly as amusing as Avenue Q. I'd be afraid to follow such a run!

I never got to see Q, but have the soundtrack and have watched many clips. I wish they'd do a movie, but Q is such a live creature. Rent taped their last performance to be released on Blu-ray. maybe Ave Q will too. :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Jerry Lewis? Really? Is this to be the story of Jerry's life, because he is very ill right now and wouldn't be able appear. It's good that he does so much for kids with muscular dystrophy, but I have never found him funny and nothing about him can be nearly as amusing as Avenue Q. I'd be afraid to follow such a run!

Maybe cuz you're not French? :big_grin:

I never got to see Q, but have the soundtrack and have watched many clips. I wish they'd do a movie, but Q is such a live creature. Rent taped their last performance to be released on Blu-ray. maybe Ave Q will too. :embarrassed:
I really wish more Broadway plays would do that. I'm not a huge fan of musical theater... but could you imagine if they released a DVD of the Producers or Spamalot? These are big big plays that must be experienced by the original cast at least once. I wish they wouldn't even do the movie versions (they cut half the numbers out anyway, and most of the time they recast them to make them more Hollywood than great white way)... just tape a quality performance and release it to DVD... even if it's an online exclusive or something.

I too wish to see Q... I had the chance, but not the money.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
That's too bad :frown: I never got to see it but have heard a few of the songs because my dad loves the soundtrack. He even used a few of the songs for ringtones.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Never seen Avenue Q, but the show came here to Detroit this past November. I definately regret not going now, I've listened to some of the songs and found them very funny. At first I wasn't mature enough to understand most of the adult situations, but now it's HALARIOUS. I hope the show comes out on tape one day.