Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, hey there Artie! Kermit comes this month (YAY! I pre-ordered!) and the next to be made is Gonzo. I am hoping beyond hope that Fozzie will follow (I would). I definitly want to see as many get made as possible. Although, I have no idea where I'll put them--or Sweetums! HA HA!!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Whatever his name said that Animal would be next. So I can't wait to see who's next. Fozzie Bear would awsome next after Animal. Come Kevin we need to round up some hobos holding signs that say "Fozzie Bear Next!"

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Kevin, Amy, Travis--Thank you all for joining us here at MC and sharing your knowledge with us. It's the hands-on approach companies take with the fans that make them successful with successful products and very, very happy consumers!

I can't wait to get Kermit in my hands (rather than on--puppeteering joke there)(or pun) and look forward to the future characters you will give us!

MWoO

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Whatever his name said that Animal would be next. So I can't wait to see who's next. Fozzie Bear would awsome next after Animal. Come Kevin we need to round up some hobos holding signs that say "Fozzie Bear Next!"
At the san diego comic can it was annoucned that Gonz is next with Animal to follow.

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
tioandria said:
I am working with the Puppet Heap now. They give me cut patterns, material swatches, and construction notes. I had these off to Terry Angus. I also make copies of the cut patterns for Mike Moore so he can help fabricate rigid parts such as eyes and eye mechanics.
I'm sorry if this has been covered before or for my lack of knowledge regarding the correct terminology. Are the patterns used for the replicas actually coming form Disney. Or are the patterns based on what talented builders are coming up with. I know they are being authorized by Disney. I just wondered if the original patterns were being used and how much they are altered to mass produce a product. I have already ordered two so I already think these are wonderful no matter the answer. Also, do we get to see a photo of Kermit in his box or do we have to wait until he is unloaded from his journey.

If you are taking unofficial votes for what characters to make. I hope we see Piggy and Fozzie soon. Gonzo was a great choice and using the 70s style guide is the best news I have heard. Collectors of these replicas are mostly (IMO) going to be those who remember the Muppets back in their prime. I will agree that you should look at the GMC Piggy since she was at her porcine best in that film.

Great Work!!! :concern: :embarrassed: :mad:

MWoO

Reaction score
Original patterns from Disney or however had the originals from back then. As for how much alteration was done, I don't think we know. Only MR does. However, even with the original patterns, it also takes talented craftsmen to make them work.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
just to let you know that if you have ordered from Forbidden Planet uk there is a chance you wont get the kermit. Apparently FP have put the wrong price on the internet and they are only getting 10 kermits in stock....sadly they have taken 18 orders for him so the last 8 wont get him..

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
antonydavanzo said:
just to let you know that if you have ordered from Forbidden Planet uk there is a chance you wont get the kermit. Apparently FP have put the wrong price on the internet and they are only getting 10 kermits in stock....sadly they have taken 18 orders for him so the last 8 wont get him..
When and how do we know if our orders through them are good or not? I ordered one and as of yet I haven't heard anything from them? Have they sent e-mails out to the unlucky 8?

Also if they had the wrong price on the internet they also had the same price in their most recent catalogue too!

Beauregard

Reaction score
This very day I have ordered a Kermit Replica...

...I would never ever in my wildest dreams beleive that I would pay almost £200 for a Kermit...

...but the moment I saw it, I needed it. And I have ordered one.

I am so happy for me!

Bea:zany:{*is silly and slightly drunk on Muppety merchandicey happiness*}regard

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Douglas Fir said:
When and how do we know if our orders through them are good or not? I ordered one and as of yet I haven't heard anything from them? Have they sent e-mails out to the unlucky 8?

Also if they had the wrong price on the internet they also had the same price in their most recent catalogue too!
God knows. All I know is that 8 people amy not get their kermit. The reason their price is wrong is this. CI who sell to FP are selling it at around 180 quid and they said that the price FP are selling it at is under their cost price. Now either FP are a bit stupid or they have decided to give it away at a loss? I cancelled my order with FP as I dont wanna risk not getting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.