Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Bein Green said:
Looks amazing! Thanks for the pictures. Can't wait to get mine!

Quick question: Does anyone else wish MR would have made the replica more like an older version of Kermit? Like maybe season 1 Kermit?
Everytime a new Kermit is made, they change the design very slightly. The early Kermit from season 1 of The Muppet Show didn't have many articulation points on the photo puppet so they couldn't make him do as much as they wanted. There were wires through the arms and legs so they could bend and the mouth was permanently open. Over the years they have modified him to achieve more expression and let him seem to be "realer". The Kermit we see now is based on the one Jim used during the late 80s and the one they have pretty much used ever since. Do notice that some official Muppet photos of Kermit taken with a photo puppet don't quite right since the 90s. Check out the eyes. Is it just me or do they seem to have lost a little of Kermit's warmth?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Kermieuk said:
He looks great, I know it will be less of a surprise for me when mine arrives, but what is the box like?? I read that it is satin lined, but what colour satin, is he held in with zip tags, is the box a slide off lid, an opening lid, is it selotaped closed? Is the box the same as the designs we seen on here originally.?? Chris
I think it's a lavender color satin. The packaging is very nice and includes design instructions for drawing Kermit and art of Kermit on there (it's a funny contrast that for coloring books and action figures they use the photo prop Kermit, but for the photo prop Kermit they use art!! HA HA HA!!), and he's held in by a molded, clear plastic cover. Honestly, it almost looks like a casket--but it's a VERY nice display! This comes with the Certificate of Authenticity, a numbered edition plate, some other papers, care instructions, etc.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Kermieuk said:
He looks great, I know it will be less of a surprise for me when mine arrives, but what is the box like?? I read that it is satin lined, but what colour satin, is he held in with zip tags, is the box a slide off lid, an opening lid, is it selotaped closed? Is the box the same as the designs we seen on here originally.??

Chris
Don't know if this will answer all your questions, but there's a thread over on CMX where Nitro showed pics of his Kermit in the box.

I haven't let myself look at any of the pics posted on either board so far, I want my Kermit to be the first one I see!

:smile:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Eek, Fozzie beat me to it with great descripts.

Glad you guys are getting yours already, that means mine should be here by Wednesday, or maybe even tomorrow!!! :excited:

Garland

Reaction score
Finally...At Last....my order history has turned from processing to shipped!

Davina

Reaction score
*sigh* waits patiently for ours to show up.. we didn't get our order in til early may thru CornerStoreComics.. so we have to wait til they get theirs and then ship them.. it's sad.. but.. i shall wait... and wait... and be very mildly worried until he arrives....

but i love the pictures.. and ooh.. i SOOOOOO want that little Rizzo in the picture ... even have a cage all ready for him, he'll fit right in with all our pet mice... :smile:

Stulz

Reaction score
MR Kermit vs Disney Kermit

Got Mine today as well.. I know I had my reservations when I saw Kermit @ Comic-Con, but when I opend up the box and saw KERMIT" in my house I knew it was $$$ well spent.

My MR Kermit is displayed pretty close to my Disney park exclusive Kermit staute (the one wih him on the log with the banjo and light up fireflys) and I have to say I thought the Disney stute was an almost difinitve representation (though it has it's obvious flaws). But, looking at them side by side, the MR Kermit makes the Disney one look cheap by comparison! (which it wasn't).

Fozzie Bear said:
(it's a funny contrast that for coloring books and action figures they use the photo prop Kermit, but for the photo prop Kermit they use art!! HA HA HA!!)
The character sketckes are actually part of the style guide Disney came up with for packaging many of the new Muppet products. (wich I think looks really great).
They started it with first Disney Muppet release: The MWOO dolls (you can see them on the back of the tags) and they are also used in some of the new greeting cards.

I'll give Disney that, we may not have any new Muppet productions in the works, but the Graphic Designers who came up with the new branding and style guides for "Disney's" Muppets really knocked it out of the park. Even the new greating cards that use many of the images we've seen over and over again look new. Heck, one I found the other day even featured
DR. TEETH ON THE COVER!!

So there you have it, What a great week for Muppet fans:
MR Kermit, two new Muppet cards one with Dr. Teeth on the cover, and the arrival of the Brass Key Wal-Mart exclusive porcelian Dolls (OK 2 out of three ain't bad....hehehe..)... Anyway it fells preety good to be fan right now!

:big_grin:

Tom Morrow

Reaction score
Davina said:
but i love the pictures.. and ooh.. i SOOOOOO want that little Rizzo in the picture ... even have a cage all ready for him, he'll fit right in with all our pet mice... :smile:
LOL!

Sorry, Rizzo's staying right where he is... besides, I've heard he prefers glass cases to cages! :big_grin:

Thanks for the kind words
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.