Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear Man

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics Tom - he's looking great...although maybe a bit chubby on the lower half of his mouth...looks like he might need a chin-tuck!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Bear Man said:
Thanks for the pics Tom - he's looking great...although maybe a bit chubby on the lower half of his mouth...looks like he might need a chin-tuck!
He seems to have a bit of a underbite problem. I think it's due to the fact that you rarely see a photo of Kermit with his mouth open that little. Most photos of him, whether puppet of photo puppet, show him with a wide "smile" or his mouth completely closed. He is the closest that most of us will ever get to seeing or touching to real thing! :smile:

Bear Man

Reaction score
Trust me, I think he looks awesome - I'm not complaining...well, the only complaining I AM doing is that he's going to take longer to get to London!

Bein Green

Reaction score
Looks amazing! Thanks for the pictures. Can't wait to get mine!

Quick question: Does anyone else wish MR would have made the replica more like an older version of Kermit? Like maybe season 1 Kermit?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Tom Morrow said:
OK, sorry for the delay on the pics! I'm pretty much cutting and pasting my RPF post to save you guys the time of searching there.

IIRC, they don't allow direct image posting here, but the links to my pics should work OK. (if they do and I'm just not getting it, someone please LMK! LOL)

First up are a few shots w/o the flash. This is fairly close to the way he looks in person. The fleece has a slight shine to it (IMO, just the right amount) but nowhere near as bad as it looks in a flash pics we all saw early on. The head, as I mentioned, is a mix between the real puppet (ie: Jim or Steve's hand) and the photopuppet (which most people feel is a bit overstuffed). IMO, the MR is a good compromise... That's also something easy enough to fix for anyone who prefer's the "puppet" look to the "photopuppet" which this represents.

I'm very pleased with the coloring all around. It just feels right to me. The non flash shots give a decent representation of it.

http://homepage.mac.com/bluesnal/.Pictures/mrk/mrk1.JPG
http://homepage.mac.com/bluesnal/.Pictures/mrk/mrk2.JPG

A shot with the flash, so you can see that the "shine" seen on the fleece in early proto pics was very much caused by the flash. The flash also makes him look lighter green than he really is.

http://homepage.mac.com/bluesnal/.Pictures/mrk/mrkflash.JPG

And lastly, here he is on display with some other puppets/sculptures I did a while back.
http://homepage.mac.com/bluesnal/.Pictures/prop collection 2003/muppets.jpg

For the price, I'm VERY impressed with this piece and anxious to see the next Muppets MR makes.

Tom
thanks for thos lovly pics there Tom, gosh! i CAN'T WAIT to get my kermie in the mail (and i CANT wait for the Gonzo too!) ... btw IF thats a Rizzo that you made?! I LOVE HIM!!! wish i knew how to make em! :smile:

ANNNNDD...THIS IS MY 800th POST! :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
WOWEEE WOW!! I LOVE THIS KERMIT!!

I have to type in all capitals because it's awesome. He just arrived and everyone at the office has been looking at this and loving it.

Great work, MR!! Can't wait to get more!!!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I haven't gotten mine yet, but I played with the one at Comic-Con and he can sit on his own without the stand. They had him sitting on the edge of a counter and he stayed there with no problem. You can also put the legs up, knees bent, so he sits like he used to on Sesame Street.

:stick_out_tongue:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
He looks great, I know it will be less of a surprise for me when mine arrives, but what is the box like?? I read that it is satin lined, but what colour satin, is he held in with zip tags, is the box a slide off lid, an opening lid, is it selotaped closed? Is the box the same as the designs we seen on here originally.??

Chris

tomahawk

Reaction score
Well, they tried to deliver him today but I wasn't at home. That was quick. I shall have him tomorrow and will post pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.