Ask Ken at Palisades

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hello Ken,

if you could answer

If another Dr Teeth fig is made would it have a magnet hat? ( i would think so)

and when the time comes for the tux bunsen and beaker figs, will bunsen glasses be made out of a stronger materal or maybe a more benable plastic?

Thanks,

Zack)Rowlf the Dog.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hiya Count,

I've got a completely open mind about suggestions for figures, and I've made plenty myself that will never see the light of day. But I've never enjoyed Wayne and Wanda, and I don't think they're interesting either as characters or visually as action figures, and I'd buy just about anyone before I'd buy them. So I wasn't giving C'Irdan the smackdown, just Wayne and Wanda.

Which is fitting, since they got the smackdown on the show...right off of the show.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The reason Quinn mentioned is why I think it's good for Palisades to branch out into movie characters and mix all the series into one. This makes for the strongest and most interesting pieces. When Ken said no to Wayne and Wanda you have to understand that the series is still new. It would take a few years to work the way up to something so obscure and that's something that cannot be predicted now. The best we can do to ensure getting these lesser-known characters made is to buy the current ones and tell our friends about them. With demand comes supply. Pepe wasn't even on the radar a year ago with Palisades' plans and now he seems to be "go". Wayne and Wanda do not top my list, but I'd certainly buy them.

About the color criticisms. Apparently Animal is pink, Gonzo's nose is blue and Lew's skin is yellowish according to the Art Directors at Henson. Ken has mentioned several times in these threads that he feels the same that we do about some of these color choices. I am sure Palisades wants to release an oranger Lew and a more pinkish purplish beaked Gonzo, but they have to play by Henson's rules. We can always repaint them ourselves.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Every time I set out to repaint an action figure, I end up eating more of the paint than gets on the figure. And I paint a lot. My wife complained about it the other day, but she kinda likes the taste.

I'm afraid that if I tried to repaint Gonzo's nose, it'd end up looking kinda Michael Jacksoney, and no one wants that. I'll keep it the factory blue.

Quinnnnnnnn

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Maybe Michael Jackson's been eating paint chips too. :big_grin: If that's what happens, I'd quit, cold turkey!

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Haven't you heard? We don't plan anything. We have a Magic 8 ball that makes all product development decisions for us.

Yes we will make Sweetums.
Whoohoo - Hoorah to the Palisades Magic 8 Ball !!!!!

C'irdan

Reaction score
Hey Ken, when you said that Gonzo had the same head sculpt, do you mean he even has the hair thingys that stick out in the back? Or is it just skull tight? If the glue came off would he be coated in white stuff or would the hat just have a wierd inside? The thing is, I like the colors a lot better on the exclusive and I want to have a removable hat! :smile: I guess I can't have everything. :smile:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
The hair sprig plugs into a hole in Gonzo's head. On EB Gonzo, the hair is removed and the Helmet has a pin that goes inside that hole and creates a glue point. I don't think the factory painted the total inside of the head but you never know, In any case, the only way to achieve your desired affect is a custom job.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Ken,

Do have any action-figure or PVC plans for Andy and Randy Pig from Muppets Tonight?

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
somehow I think *and hope* that andy and randy pig are far, far down on the list of palisades priorities...