Ask Ken at Palisades

Luke

Reaction score
I just realised that the first part of my original question hadn't been answered. Does anyone know which color Vacation Fozzie 'Forbidden Planet' is due to recieve in the UK ?

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I think we have been toyed with about Gonzo enough already. LOL. Get it, "toyed"? Bad joke even for Fozzie. I think It's time for the regular purple tux Gonzo. There will likely be a tux Gonzo anyway and this is a way to get the repaint easily in there - good for Palisades, good for us. Just a win/win all around. I would like the MT modern Gonzo too. Maybe in 2004? Although this leads to the question - what version of Mega Gonzo would you like to see? MT, Purple Tux or Daredevil. Maybe even Prince of Plunger?
What about the Gonzo seen between 1980 and 1990, the one with the sweater vest, white shirt, courdoroy pants and fancy black and white shoes? Gonzo wore that outfit for about a decade. At least that's how I know Gonzo best. How about you guys?

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
I'm with you all the way on the "Power of the Force" strategy of producing Muppet toys from all their various mediums. Just don't give us any horrid card art like that "Power of the Jedi" card crud with Obi-Wan jumping out of Vader's head. That was awful. Hasbro must have asked the guy who stopped in the office to fix the copy machine if he wanted the graphics job. I'm sure Slim will see to it that doesn't happen. :smile:

Now watch, either Slim will say that he's the one who came up with the POTJ card concept, or I'll get flamed by all the copy machine repair people here on the forum. :wink: (I'm not trying to offend, just saying it didn't seem like someone qualified designed the cardback).

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Toyed with Gonzo enough-- bad Frogboy, very bad. :stick_out_tongue:

Okay, Mega Gonzo. MT Gonzo! MT Gonzo! I want that tie on a nice big figure where we can really get the detail and see Camilla! Think that would be a nice little touch given the virtual end of the Workshop and the loss of all those talented people who would do things like lovingly hand paint Camilla on a tie for Gonzo. Also, that outfit has more color and variety than the purple tux so I think it would be more interesting on the Mega, and it would help diversify the Mega line-- a newer incarnation to mix in with the older ones.

Penguins? How about a MCC PVC of three Penguins stacked on top of one another with the bottom penguin ice skating. Undoubtably the second penguin would have to have his feet over the bottom penguin's eyes.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Do you have the rights to Muppet-Vision and Muppet Babies with the deal?

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bean Bunny
Do you have the rights to Muppet-Vision and Muppet Babies with the deal?
Aren't we getting a little carried away! Let's just take this one step at the time! LOL!

radionate

Reaction score
I would guess with rights to the movies, they would have rights to the puppet forms of the babies in TMTM. Muppet Vision would be seperate though.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey,
Perfect segue for my latest rare appearance on the board. I haven't been having trouble getting on, which is good, but I am on vacation, right now, so computer access is limited. Anyways, with that in mind, the segue is that I'm in Orlando, Florida, checking out the parks, and got to see Muppet-Vision 3D for the first time in a few years, and what a wonderful experience it was. I tried to tape whatever I could of the place. It's so well-designed that there's just so much there for you to look at. It was really wonderful. It was also cool to see a store for Muppet stuff, though the selection was limited. I did, however, pick myself up a nice 25th Anniversary T-Shirt. Nice circular pic of the gang, though sadly Fozzie is absent, anyone know why? All in all, it was an excellent experience to see Jim's final Muppet project, once again.

Anyways, as far as the toys, I'm really excited about all of the news, can't wait to see what's in-store, and I hope that this line continues, a la Star Wars, for many years to come. Great work, Ken and the rest at Palisades. Thanks for everything. Take care. Bye.

-Squigiman

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Eeeeeeek. Someone said Muppet Babies. Haven't we seen the baby versions enough? I'm ready for some adult Muppets for a while.