Ask Ken at Palisades

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just to throw my 2 cents into the fray...
I think it's a great announcement made by Palisades and I want to congratulate Ken on getting these licenses. However, I have one quick question. Bean Bunny already asked about the Jim Henson Hour characters, so I'll ask if the movie license includes the Muppet Family Christmas. Could we see figures of Mrs. Emily Bear, Maureen the Mink, the Snowman, or even the Christmas Turkey in future waves? Also, to those asking about Fozzie's dad in MFC, it was already said that Fozzie's dad was dead in GMC. Remember? That's why Fozzie and Kermit are token as twins. If Jim Henson's Muppets from Palisades is taking on an air of POTF proportions, then Fozzie's dad would make for a great arcanely obscure character in a future wave.

Meep, it's what's for lunch, the Count.

grail

Reaction score
to further the POTF analogy, what if they did a "Fozzie's Dad" figure, but cast him in translucent blue plastic? you know...since he's dead

incredeeble!

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
to further the POTF analogy, what if they did a "Fozzie's Dad" figure, but cast him in translucent blue plastic? you know...since he's dead
can't forget that there would have to be a Dirth Nader with removable helmet...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
When I said that the Muppets series was taking on POTF proportions, I meant it as what Ken already stated in the possibility of such a vast array of characters to choose from when deciding who'll get the figure treatment for a specific wave, but I certainly don't wish to squash the imaginative ideas or suggestions of some members here at MC. Originally posted by Grail: to further the POTF analogy, what if they did a "Fozzie's Dad" figure, but cast him in translucent blue plastic? you know...since he's dead. I'd like to see a regular painted version of Fozzie's dad first, though the translucent variant could be offered as an exclusive, but I'd really like to see Fozzie's mom made into a figure first of all, and Maureen the Mink too.

Thunder clashing and Lightning flashing, the Count.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by incredeeble!
can't forget that there would have to be a Dirth Nader with removable helmet...
my kingdom for a dirth nader...

i don't think it would be POSSIBLE to do one with a rwmoveable helmet though...not and make it look good. the nose is too much of an undercut. the only way i can think of to do it without leaving the area under the nose open is to make the helmet 3 pieces: the "back" covering the top and back of the head, the "front-top" which would be the mask above the nose, and the "front-bottom" which would go under the nose...as i'm laying it out in my head, it'd look hideous on a fig...

but it's a moot point, because Lucasfilm are pansies...(maybe i should email that Lucas licensing guy again...)

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
When I said that the Muppets series was taking on POTF proportions, I meant it as what Ken already stated in the possibility of such a vast array of characters to choose from when deciding who'll get the figure treatment for a specific wave, but I certainly don't wish to squash the imaginative ideas or suggestions of some members here at MC.
dude...it was a joke...

sorry, i didn't realize anyone'd take me seriously...

incredeeble!

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail

dude...it was a joke...

sorry, i didn't realize anyone'd take me seriously...
Yeah - I was just joking too...

(but just imagine for a moment.... Beaker as R2, Bunsen as c3po, Fozzie or animal as chewbacca...)

Too much time on my hands. Back to work!

BAZ

Reaction score
I think I missed something

I saw the announcement about Palisades getting the license for the movies and MT.

Did I miss an announcement that they are doing PVC figures or is that still speculation/wishful thinking?