Ask Ken at Palisades

incredeeble!

Reaction score
Pepe in wave 5.... hmmmmm....... that would be quite a treat if that's what it is....

or how about a ballet MFS Pepe instead... (sorry, couldn't resist)

All this good news coming out. How could the secrets be better!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I'll tell you this...the more MT I watch these days, the more I like the show. Can someone please tell me why in the name of Jose Feliciano they canned that show?

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Hi Ken,

Totally off topic here, but I know you're a big Simpsons collector (and I know some of the other members are as well), so I thought I'd fill you in on this news story that broke on the SCS today. Two of the interactive celebrity figures, Cooder (voiced by Jim Varney) and Llewellyn Sinclair (voiced by Jon Lovitz), have been cancelled from the carded line, and will be offered online only through Playmates through a mailaway offer. You go out and buy two Simpsons figures off the shelf (or two playsets), provide your dated receipt (dated no earlier than tomorrow), your proof of purchases, and five bucks for shipping, and you get both of the interactive figs mailed to you. Not a bad deal at all, two figs for two figs. They're doing this to distribute two figs to the fans that would have been scrapped otherwise and at the same time clear retailer shelves of existing products which will help build retailer confidence for future waves and help the longevity of the line. Here's the article on the SCS website where you can download the order form.

http://www.simpsonscollectors.com/zine.asp?id=126

The Big Don

Reaction score
Im with Grail. Muppet Treasure Island is my favorit Movie. I love it. I cant wait for all the characters. This line could really go on now until Wave 32. Man. Awesome. And Ken, I need to get some episodes of Muppets Tonight From You bro.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Now THAT is **** smart marketing on Playmates part. Wonder if fans will be cheesed or pleased?

That should be something...Cheesed or Pleased? Could be a title of a collector review column.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Well, there's a little bit of both. I'm all in favor for it, because it saves the characters and helps the line. There's whining going on over there because of the timing, but obviously they couldn't announce this prior to the release of wave 9, or it's pointless. The celebrity wave was always a little more expensive anyway, and I hear that you can pick up figs for $3.00 each on discount if you shop around (Playmates could care less what you spend, just so that they get them off the shelves), so it's really a good deal. At best you'll get the two celebrity figures cheaper than if they were released. At worst you might pay a couple dollars more. I think it's hard to complain when you could basically flush the two figs you buy down the toilet or give them to a friend or Toys for Tots (all you need are the UPCs) and still come out ahead, but somehow people are still managing.:rolleyes: Definitely a way better deal, two figs for two figs, than the four for one deal with the B-Sharps Homer figure for wave 10. The only bummer is that they aren't carded if you you're an MOC fan. Big deal. I'm an MOC collector and that doesn't bother me.

I'd have no problem doing this in the future for the Muppet Show line, if there were some obscure characters that you guys had done all the tooling for but couldn't justify releasing in a wave because the sales would tank for the mass market.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
I'll tell you this...the more MT I watch these days, the more I like the show. Can someone please tell me why in the name of Jose Feliciano they canned that show?
if memory serves, they just kept shuffling the show around...it was up against just about every big name show (and sporting event) and as a new show it just didn't have much of a chance. heck, the original Muppet Show wasn't exactly a hit in the first season...

(and i really didn't expect a response about my being a good boy, i was just being a smarta$$)

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Because it was on ABC and they're a bunch of ****ing stupid ******s.

incredeeble!

Reaction score
I hear ya Ken, MT was a great series. I've been hoping for a dvd set or something.

In my twisted High School mind at the time, MT was probably my favorite show when I could catch it. I swear it was moved to like 5 different days of the week during the life of it...