Ask Ken at Palisades

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Yes we do have the movie rights and Muppets Tonight. Yes there is a lot that is changing about the line that is related to that. And yes I do have some answers for you. I need to get home, get som chow and chat with the woman a while and later tonight I'll get on and lay out the skinny on what is happening.

Glad the cat is finally out of the bag...hated having to dodge the question but we wanted ToyFare to have something totally new in their mag with that cover.

Something to chew on. If you were bumping Janice and moving her to a Series 5 playset, what playset do ya think that might be in light of the new info...

Give you a hint...

VVVVVVVVVVRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah it's great to finally have the cat out of the bag... Palisades has some great things planned. :big_grin:

incredeeble!

Reaction score
Re: Beaker's hope for Pepe just a couple of minutes ago....

I second that want for a Pepe figure. I know a lot of people who would defeinitely dig a Pepe figure.

Question for Ken, Forgive me for asking this if this has already been asked, but I'm just wondering... How many muppets, if you're allowed to say, do you have planned for the line???

Have to mention that I'm new around here but I want to thank Ken and Palisades for bringing me back to my childhood and getting back into the muppets at the Comic Con. (Seeing the Chef's 2-up prototype was my highlight!)

Really hope that these continue their popularity because I'd love to have a wall full of them! (I'm an MOC freak...)

For those of you who love Pepe... If any of you have a chance to see TMS best of DVD with Mark Hamill, there's a very funny mock screentest with Pepe trying out for Yoda... "Use the Gemini Force!"

grail

Reaction score
i do have an actual question for Ken...

the Toyfare bit, did you guys dictate what they could and couldn't show? or did you jsut send them a punch of photos, and they used what they wanted? and did you read the Dr. Teeth vs Dr. Mindbinder bit in the priceguide? priceless...

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
If Palisades has the rights to the movies, is there a possibillity of a Clueless Morgan figure?

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i like the Gonzo with cape a lot more now i've seen him in a different pose etc in that Series 2 section. I will probably get him now, and i wasn't intending to before - i was gonna wait for the regular version.

Ok now VERY IMPORTANT questions for Kenneth :-

This afternoon a special edition 'Muppet Figure Special' HTML Email was sent out to all of Forbidden Planet's customers (the UK distributor). It has all the prices for series 1, 2 & 3 as well as the playsets etc - they are taking pre-orders for everything right upto wave 3.

Q1 :- As predicted, they are going to be selling 'Vacation Fozzie' to all of their European Customers for £12.99 (figs are usually £10.99 each so thats an excellent price for us). The word on the street is that they have some kind of affiliation with Toyfare and usually take some of their stock for Euro customers BUT the picture they have next to the text in the email has the BLUE Musicland Vacation Fozzie. As i think Forbidden Planet usually get their stuff shipped straight from you - do you know which color Fozzie they are actually gonna be getting ? I would have thought the Red version if it was to do with Toyfare.

Q2 :- The shipping dates they give in the email are really wierd. Mega Beaker expected to arrive Sept 2002, Wave 2 August/Sept 2002, Wave 3 Sept/October 2002. I take it these are all out of whack - and 'New Force Comics' site i was looking at earlier also had similar dates. Don't you think you should notify all of these different sites and stores that they are giving out totally wrong information to customers ? I'd imagine that when they are putting in all these pre-orders and expecting the loot to come, then having to wait months extra it can't do much good for the image of Palisades or indeed the line and brand, and it's only bound to give the retailers a lot of hassle from hungry customers.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Guys please don't overwhelm Ken with questions right now. He'll announce a run-down of what's going on later tonight. He's getting ready to go to Hong Kong for three weeks, so let's give him some time with his fiancé this evening. He'll reveal everything shortly...

grail

Reaction score
sorry...i started mine before he posted, but had to stop due to an incoming call (i'm at work), by the time i got it finished and up, he had already sent out...

humble apologies...

incredeeble!

Reaction score
same here - had to do something here at work for a bit and then he posted and I didn't see...