Ask Ken at Palisades

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by MaxGoof
Ken, I was really surprised to see in the new Toyfare that "Palisades has the rights to all of the movies"! For some reason, I thought you guys only had the right to make figures for The Muppet Show... Can you remind those of us who are memory-impaired exactly what the situation is? Does this mean that we could start seeing movie figures sometime in 2003?
i may not be Ken, but i've been keeping an eye out for any and all licensing announcements (for more than just Palisades, but them too), and this is officially the first time i've heard that they have the movie licenses. so either it's an announcement or a mistake (or a mistaken announcement)

kansasteen14

Reaction score
ken is there any chance of there ever being a mail away figure? and for the deluxe playsets is there a chance that you could make say the audience or orchestra pit and have it interlock with the stage? thanks

simon42

Reaction score
Two questions (if they were answered before, sorry! I'm new):

1. Any plans to do Sesame Street? I'd love to have Big Bird and the Count.

2. Why wasn't Piggy's skin textured like the other muppets?

Thanks!

radionate

Reaction score
Hey guys....Guess what!

A little bird confirmed for me that Palisades does indeed have the rights to the muppet movies.

So here's the kicker, after wave 4 (which we know is pretty much set), what changes are we going to see?

Why was Janice bumped? Will it be a movie version (like the bus?!?!?!?!)
Why was regular Rowlf held back?
Who will make it into the line now?

I'm excited!

beaker

Reaction score
Ask Cory who is not at Palisades:

Well, Ken is on a coffee break, so I'll be filling in for a few minutes here...(j/k...but maybe I can give my spin on these questions)

>>>A little bird confirmed for me that Palisades does indeed have the rights to the muppet movies. So here's the kicker, after wave 4 (which we know is pretty much set), what changes are we going to see?<<<

Ken might have stated this, but I would assume they have the film rights...I mean they released a MFS variant of Fozzie(in a TMS 25th line, go figure!)

>>>Why was Janice bumped? Will it be a movie version (like the bus?!?!?!?!)<<<

Rumor had it Henson wanted Rizzo moved up because of his main 7 status in recent years, though it might be because Janice has some major retooling to be done.

Why was regular Rowlf held back?
Who will make it into the line now?<<<

Hey, but doesnt Tux Rowlf look nice? As far as who will make it into the line now...gosh, Im hoping Pepe gets moved up from the concept stage to being placed in a series!

>>>1. Any plans to do Sesame Street? I'd love to have Big Bird and the Count<<<

Rumor has it that might be a property Palisades was negotiating on...but in the meantime if you have a week free and a couple thousand, ya can head onto the land of the rising sun where Sesame Street is actually appreciated by a grownup collector market!

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by simon42
1. Any plans to do Sesame Street? I'd love to have Big Bird and the Count.
2. Why wasn't Piggy's skin textured like the other muppets?
again, i'm not Ken (though if someone wants to pay me, i'll play him on tv), so not "official" answers...but here's what i know.

1. from what i understand, the rights to SS officially belong to CTW and not Henson...though there's a thread around here somewhere where someone asked about a whole list, SS included...Ken just said that "one of those was being discussed"

2. apparantly, it was a Henson call...that was how they wanted her represented.

Welcome to the fun!

Luke

Reaction score
I'd definitely like to see the bus being made as soon as possible, i guess you have to have new versions of the characters though to come in it so it could be a while. Kermit with the banjo is a given obviously.

I'd be suprised if characters being moved back/forward are anything to do with the movie rights. If they paid extra for that license (and i think the text read that they had aquired the rights) then likely they'd launch the movie stuff as a seperate range entirely. Of course the text could be wrong ! ;-)

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Gonzo does indeed look Great in those new series 2 photos up on the Palisades website! After seeing those pictures, he's been bumped up to one of the figures I want the most, along with Tux Rowlf and Vacation Fozzie. And I want them all.

While looking at the series 2 photos, I noticed that several of the upcoming Muppet figures have ball joint necks as opposed to swivel necks. I must say I like this lots. I think it allows for a wider range of expression.

Now here's my question for Ken. What is the chance of possibly eventually having a Miss Piggy with one of those ball joint necks so she can do her classic "Moi" pose? I would love that. (side note: I'm glad Piggy's skin wasn't textured like the other Muppets. That would have just been too weird.)

Also, I don't remember if Pops is being considered as a figure. What was the story with Pops?

radionate

Reaction score
I forgot about Kermit and the Swamp.

Of course the Bride and Groom Piggy and Kermit could now be offically released as well.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like someone got ahold of the new Toy Fare Magazine.