Ask Ken at Palisades

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Ken

Foreignman, I believe posted the MAMA suggestion that got your attention. However, I suggested it weeks ago when you first asked about a robot connected to Pigs in Space.

Of course what matters is that she gets made-- she's a great accessory for Strangepork and really works well with the whole Pigs in Space gang. Now all the Links will be able to whine, "why does it play the dumb music when I talk?'

FER SURE

Reaction score
Ken

Hey, What are the chances of getting that earthquake feature on the theatre playset. I think it would be neat, just like Muppets 3-D. the harder it shakes the more pieces of the wall fall off.

gorry

Reaction score
if it ever happens i gave ken the idea.

matleo

Reaction score
Ken

About the keyboard. I think I said this in my e-mail. my wife is a musician (I'm actually sitting next to her 72 key keyboard as I right this. actually looks like the figure's) and she was happy with the keyboard when she really looked close at it. She was disappointed at first but upon closer inspection was quite impressed. Althouh we did note that your keyboard has 73 keys. She claims that sometimes you want a few extra keys up there and it's OK. which sounds like a Muppet rationale to me (or Spinal Tap, whichever).

Oh and to whoever rememebered the circular keyboard (I think Mupet Quilter)
you may be thinking of the promo pic of Dr. teeth that there usedto be which featured him in a circular (Zorak-style) keyboard. I think I have a pic of it somewhere around. but no Dr. Teeth usually played one liek the figure. Although he may have ocaisionally had two keyboards at a 90 degree angle (which isn't unusual).

--Matt

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
Piggs In Space

Reaching here. But I enjoy the episode of Pigs in Space in the Linda Rhondstadt episode. Piggy hides Kermit in a steamer trunk and they play along like it is from outersapce. Piggy is trying to hide her frog from Linda's advances. Cute variant of Kermit would be him in that white suit with purple tie.

Would be nice if Swedish Chef came with Muppet Veggies. Of course that playset is done from what I understand.

PS: My robot bunny pack-in from Bunsen Figure is living up to the Muppet Labs tradition. His limbs don't move that well. It's kind of charming when you think about it.

Chad

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
The limbs on my Robot Bunny were stiff, too, but they loosened up a bit and have become easier to move. You may find yours works better after it has been played with a bit.

Not important-- but it wasn't me who asked about the circular keyboard.

beaker

Reaction score
Wow, good to hear the figures are shipping everywhere! I guess Northern California is the last to get em.

See, you got to hand it to Ken and the idea gang. Including obscure stuff with series one and beyond. I love the Robot Rabbit figure, it's scale goes in quite well with my extensive 3-4" muppet figure line. I also love the idea of including obscure characters
as packins. I know its probably too tough to include with every character, but the more character packins vs. accessories the better:smile:

Now Ken, please tell me you have or had access to that great
'The Muppet Show' 190 page illustrated book from 1978 that recaps all of the first 2 series? The book is a nice dovetail to the figures, as I have never seen the Muppets more beautifully captured on paper.

Now what's this I hear about a possible Koozebane playset???
What would this come with, a male and female Koozebane and a phoob? The fact lobster banditos, gorrilla detectors, etc are being made for playsets is proof these guys are going all out on this line!

The muppet show and electric mayhem mini lunchboxes rock!
IS there any plans for other mini lunchboxes, or any other Muppet stuff from Palisades? (The only other stuff I know is the nascar cars by matchbox and busts by toy asylum)

Finally, know when we might see series 3 sculpt pix?

:: beaker ::

wong

Reaction score
If I send you an e-mail through this website will you get it?

Love the line. Keep up the good work.

FER SURE

Reaction score
Ken-

Ok here are my questions brokendown in conversational form.

1. If Series One sells through pretty quickly do you think that you minght do a second run, or is that just out of the question.

2. When does production on Series Two start I cant wait to get them!

3. I am still taken aback by my Dr. Teeth repaint I absolutely love him. Is that cumberbund handpainted cause it sure looks like it. My fav part of him has to be that awesome green and black feather! Kudos to you on this one.

4. Have you found anyone to take the Floyd repaint as an exclusive? I can't wait to get the entire reapainted EM band. I really hope that this happens. Nobody has more outfits than rock stars. Except Imelda Marcos but those were shoes so they dont really count.

5. Will we get to see who won the mail in contest that you guys held?

Thats about all i have right now. I also jsut wanted to thank you guys for the awesome packaging. I took 3 years of graphic arts enterprise in High School. I know what costs the extra buck. Your team took it all the way, from the heavy weight paper board to the series specific die cutting even the stickers on the blister. I was going to open my figs the toss the package until I got them. Instead I used a razor blade to open the blisters and keep the cards intact for display.