Ask Ken at Palisades

Kedrick

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that your EB wouldn't hold the figures!! I called mine from work today and they held all four for me until I got off work at 6. I rushed right out to the mall. And now there here...

AND I LOVE EM!!! These figures are AWESOME! The detail, the ARTICULATION, the ACCESSORIES!!!(Bunsen's little Robo Bunny is like a whole other figure with legs, arms, head, and lever on side of head all moving!) Ken and the folks at Palisades have got to give themselves some HUGE pats on the back! The packaging, the sculpts, the attention and obivous RESPECT given our favorite Muppets in this toyline is phenomenal! Thank you sooooo much!

I'm 24 years old and excited about a toyline! And to anybody who has a problem with that: HIIIIII YAHHHHHHHHH!!! *ahem*

:smile: Clint

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
I feel for you guys. Nothing can burn me up more than a store employee who has no idea what they carry, nor would they find out.

What I've been doing is instead of asking people at the store in person (pretty much I just zip in and out to see what they have...it's too much of a headache tracking down the right worker there), I've been calling TRU's and asking specifically to speak with whomever is working near the action figures. I won't even mention Muppets until I speak to the next person in fear of being transferred to baby or plush.

I figure if I keep my question brief and crystal clear, like "Do you have the new Muppet Show figures?", then I shouldn't get too many baffling answers. Usually it works. After all, unless this mandatory 18-plus-year-old person on the phone has lived under a rock their whole life, they should be able to spot a Muppet action figure if they have it.

MM-III

Reaction score
Ken, I just wanted to pass on my congratulations on a job well done! I just picked up my main line set today at EB and I could not be happier about them! I've literally been just staring at these works of art for hours! I'm holding off on opening them because I'm moving and I don't want to lose the accessories but even just looking at them gives me a thrill!

All I have to say is THANK YOU! I finally have something that really feels and looks like a genuine muppet.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Wow...I can't tell you how completely friggin' cool it is to keep visiting the boards and seeing people react so strongly to the Series One stuff. It's funny because I really can't see it that way. Spend way too much time on it. But it is great to hear people's excitement, or to hear their complaints or gripes. Keeps life interesting.

I think it looks like M.A.M.A will make the cut in Series 4 as a pack-in with Strangepork. Not absolutely confirmed yet but it seems likely. Thanks for the idea. Where would we be without you guys? WHose idea was that? I need to do something special as a thank you...

To everyone that has had great things to say or thanked us...thanks. Appreciate the support. Can't wait for you to see the stuff as it comes out. Here you are just getting the Series One figures and I'm reviewing Statler and Waldorf roughs from Series SIX today. Needless to say, we have a lot of passion invested in the line and glad it came through.

ON to some answers...

King Prawn
I was just wondering i know Lobster Bandits are coming out with the Swedish Chef Kitchen but could you possibly include a chicken. I now Camilla is coming out with Gonzo in Series 5 but when i display them i want her next to Gonzo on Rowlfs Piano with Rowlf playing on it but i'd love to have a chicken in a pot to look as if the Swedish Chef is cooking it.
And i know that there's no confimation on a Biker Piggy but you said you were thinking abiut the idea, i think if we do get her then might we get a Gonzo on a moter cycle i know it was used alot.
And any word on Maha Maha and two snowths.

Probably a no-go on the chicken. When you finally see the Kitchen you will understand that my budget on that Kitchen is stretched to the absolute limit. Maybe an exclusive someday can have that. Who knows? Gonzo on a bike? Intriguing. No news on Mahna Mahna...wait and see approach on figures like that we take. What am I Yoda? Weird sentence structure.

How did the retail orders for this compare to other lines of figures?

Can't really say. Too many other lines out there to really compare it too. And I don;t have access to other company's order quantities.

How did the orders for this compare to the initial forecasts or projections from Henson/your company?

They were what we expected. Sell through is the bigger issue though.

How soon will we know by way of reorders/Wave 2 orders what the retail reaction is?

I think in the next couple of weeks as reports of sell through start to come in we will have a good gauge of retail support of Series 2.

MuppetQuilter
About Bunsen's coloring... Bunsen is pale green. The picture of Bunsen, along with several other recent pictures, looks yellow or tan because of the lighting. But he is, basically, the color of a honeydew melon.

This will come up a lot I imagine. He does appear greener than he does in some pics. But apparently the puppet looks different depending on what kind of light it's shot in. This is an authentic PMS designation provided by Henson directly from the puppet, which they pulled out of storage to accurately obtain the information.

Kermit: I'm a little confused at the inclusion of the camera as an accessory.I'm curious why this choice rather than a director's chair, or back-stage desk/table.

Piggy: I didn't notice this until I got home, but the molding on her upper left arm is cracked.

Honeydew: He didn't quite match his picture in the logo. Also, as one who hasn't seen Muppet Show episodes in a long time, can someone explain the Robot Rabbit accessory?

Dr. Teeth: am I mistaken in remembering Dr. Teeth regularly playing a circular keyboard?Was that ever considered, or am I mis-remembering?

Kermit-no chair cause he can't sit. No desk cause we want to do a backstage plasyet some day. I will admit, of all the accessories in the entire Series planned so far this will be the wekaest one. It was tough to come up with a good one.

Piggy-Let me know if you have a defect. It might be a part seam from molding or a spru...happens unfortunately.

Honeydew-Color addressed above. Robot Rabbit came from a single episode...someone here can probably tell you which one. Brain fried...don't remember.

Teeth-All the band members on the show played made-up instruments. By made up I mean constructed by the puppeteers. In our line, we are going to try to give a more realistic look to the instruments.

Of course, no one has yet pointed out what I think is the biggest flaw of the first series. The keyboard does not have the keys in the right place. Look at it. It looks too made up and should have a real keyboard layout. One of those things that slipped under the radar. For ALL of us. By the time we realized it we were too late.

gorry

Reaction score
oh boy,now time for my questions

1.i know it's been answered many,many times but when does series two come out?because my mom pre-ordered daredevil gonzo exclusive and my b-day's in august so if the timing's right it might be a b-day present.

2.with the theater playset,how will you make sure the other playsets that go on it don't slip off.maybe like a lock down thing that "clicks"when you push down the playsets a little?

3.will series four sculpts be revealed at a con. also?

4.when can we expect the names of the distibutors for the rest of the revealed exclusives?

that's it for now.:smile:

Foreignman

Reaction score
Ken, thank you so much for your kind words of thanks. In terms of who came up with the idea, I was the one who originally thought of M.A.M.A. as a figure and Frogboy4 sent you the pictures, as you probably remember. I like the sounds of "I need to do something special as a thank you... ", It’s really unnecessary, but if you really want to, I would be thrilled! Thank you again for your recognition!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Yer killin' me...

gorry
1.i know it's been answered many,many times but when does series two come out?because my mom pre-ordered daredevil gonzo exclusive and my b-day's in august so if the timing's right it might be a b-day present.

Right now it is scheduled as a third quarter release (how many of you knew I was gonna say that?) The exclusive would ship at the same time as ths figures. However, a shelf date of August is not going to happen. Way my luck has been this week with scheduling you may get it for a Christmas present. Sarcasm...no flames please.

2.with the theater playset,how will you make sure the other playsets that go on it don't slip off.maybe like a lock down thing that "clicks"when you push down the playsets a little?

Unless the playset comes with an Earthquake feature I doubt the playsets will slip off. Sarcasm again...won't be a problem with the way it will be laid out.

3.will series four sculpts be revealed at a con. also?

I'm guessing Pre-Toy Fair in September.

4.when can we expect the names of the distibutors for the rest of the revealed exclusives?

As soon as I know...you'll know.

Ken

gorry

Reaction score
I knew they wouldn't be out by august,just saying........

And with the playsets if it was not setup right and someone was playing hard there might be a possibility..........

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Gumby-

The Robot Rabbit appeared in Muppet Labs in the Zero Mostel episode, which incidentally was the first show to feature Beaker. The rabbit wasn't actually a Muppet Labs creation- what they were advertising that week was magnetic carrots, which "sometimes tend to attract steel rabbits".

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Beaker

Well a dr Bob fig will be the third Rowlf fig and not a 6th, also a Dr. Bob figure would be very important this line just as firstmate Piggy, we wouldn't want to have a swinetrek without piggy. Vets hosptal was a major part of the Muppet Show, and Pepe never apeared on this show...YES! I would LOVE a Pepe fig! but don't take away a major character away from the Muppet Show line, the Rowlf exclusive is..an exclusive so it's not taking away another Muppets spot, if you want a hard to get Pepe fig as an Exclusive, that will not go over well with anyone, so there is really only two Rowlf figs in the line being the regular, gotta have the regular! and Dr Bob...gotta have dr bob to go with a great vets playset! the tux Rowlf is just a bonus fig.

Rowlf the dog is not hogging this line, he deserves at least the two figs and then the tux one as a bonus making it three figs, Piggy with have three, kermit will have three, gonzo and fozzie are planed with three as of now also and then more of all of them on the way down the line.

Zack)Rowlf the, gotta stick up for the Dog, Dog.