Ask Ken at Palisades

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Well there's still the Collectors Club safety so it's like a brick in the face to the menny anger collectors/scalpers. But everyone is not the club, I would think the Jim Henson figure would be best for a Muppet Fest 2. Any chance there beging two speacil figs at the fest? like the Jim Henson one and then a Mahna Mahna three pack? also selling it off the site as what they plan to do with the Jim Henson figure so people who aren't in the club and can't go to Muppetfest 2 can still get them.

other then that i can just sugest a single Mahna Mahna carder fig in the reg series and then later on a single Snowth carded fig in another series, but people would have to pay 9.99 for a single snowth and mostly just the fans would buy two of them, plus what would they come with? I don't want to say Mahna Mahna does not have a good chance of being made because he does not have a good selling point to get out because i would really want him as an action figure, but it's looking that way. thankful there's still the PVC.

radionate

Reaction score
I don't think most of you are getting the point.

Regardless of spreadsheets/lists of wanted figures/Muppetfest 2/the Collectors Club/etc. the costs of producing this figure would be near impossible to be recooped. I'm sure Ken has thought about how to include one in the line. That's his job. But he also thought about doing figures such as Agnus, and I'm sure that would have hindered the line in more then one way.

Remember too that a limited run of a couple thousand figures would result in very very very expensive figure. More then I'm sure anyone on this board is willing to pay.

I think the only option is to really support the line, go out and buy buy buy, tell people about the figures to incourage them to pick them up, and maybe one day, way down the line, Mahna Mahna might show up.

I can't see 2 Sowths being packed in with him ever though. Cost prohibitive. They can't be as simple as a Camilla, and I'm betting she cost a pretty penny to produce too. Regardless of articulation, the sculpting and molding of a figure that size would be a lot.

The business side of it all is what everyone is failing to remember. It's fun to say Mahna Mahna (or Mildred, Miss Mousey, Mo Frackle, etc.) should be included, and its all of our dreams, but cost wise I don't think it could happen.

Luke

Reaction score
I agree with Nate. Counts actually just brought this topic up in 'Ask Palisades' at their forum too.

I thought about the idea of doing a single carded Mahna Mahna and then a single carded Snowth. It'd be crazy though to have two really obscure figures like this in a single wave, and wouldn't it be incredibly risky to do an obscure Mahna Mahna in one wave, and then an even more obscure Snowth in the next one who's sales are more or less dependant on people having bought the first obscure character. That'd be marketing madness for something like the Muppet line where each wave needs to be strong selling to make sure they actually go ahead and make more.

Luke

Reaction score
Ken just said this over at Palisades :-

In my opinion, I would feel that it was important that if Mahna Mahna was to be released as a figure, the only accessories that make sense is 2 Snowths. Cost prohibitive? Not really. Only one Snowth would need to be tooled...but more time would be needed to produce the figures. Scale wise these are small, like Kermit size or so...so it is possible. I just haven't really studied it as of yet and so I don't have the real answer, which is why I went with Old Faithful... Anything is Possible

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
That is true, I only just brought up the idea of a single carded Mahna Mahna and Snowth showing that may not work. Like I said the PVC are are still going to be great so we are still getting a Mahna Mahna and Snowth product!!!:smile:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Looks like Ken says a Manamana with 2 snowths is in fact possible. Now thats cool! :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
Looks like Ken says a Manamana with 2 snowths is in fact possible. Now thats cool! :big_grin:
Yeah but Ken saying he hadn't really thought about it also means it isn't on the Palisades radar either. That means things like Lips, Marvin Suggs and a Gonzo/Rizzo MTI Two Pack would be made before Mahna Mahna would be considered. So chances are, even if possible we won't be seeing it next year.

By the way people, it hasn't been said over here yet, but there will be a club newsletter sent out this week that includes an exclusive look at Vacation Pepe !

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Oops, I did it again...

It's ME that's wishing for them, but if Ken sez:
In my opinion, I would feel that it was important that if Mahna Mahna was to be released as a figure, the only accessories that make sense is 2 Snowths. Cost prohibitive? Not really. Only one Snowth would need to be tooled...but more time would be needed to produce the figures. Scale wise these are small, like Kermit size or so...so it is possible. I just haven't really studied it as of yet and so I don't have the real answer, which is why I went with Old Faithful... Anything is Possible
...which is exactly what I was mentioning earlier in this thread, and I HOPE it CAN be done. It would rock my world. Much like Sigourney Weaver did in the 80's...