Ask Ken at Palisades

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
So Ken, have you ever had a strange dream about Miss Piggy ?

Um...no. Although I wouldn't mind it too much!

On to Matt's

1) How are you?
Very tired. Trying to get the Series 6 Production Binder done.

2) What's new?
Work, work and more work. And I shaced my head this weekend. Now I am totally shiny up top. I look evil though.

3) So far who do you think is the best figure in Series 4?
Rizzo.

4) Of the upcoming Muppet projects (PVCs, S4,5,6, Megas, PIS playset) which one are you most excited about? Why?
PIS Playset. Lots of little things to work out and that's a challenge.

4) Who is your favorite character (not figure) in Series 6?
Statler.

5) Bunsen, Crazy Harry, Scooter: which fig do you think turned out the best?
Scooter. I don't think the line really started hitting it's stride until Series 3. Scooter is a really fun figure. Harry's hair bothers me. Bunsen's color and glasses bother me.

6) What's the nicest thing you could say about one of your co-workers?
Kim, the production assistant, is the most dedicated, hard-working and pleasant attitude employee I have ever managed.

7) Which of the PVC sets do you think will be best?
The one after the MCC one. Stride will be hit and some really neat ideas for some figs. Hopefully the first and second waves will warrant the third. 2004 by the way.

9) Actually this is a good one: When an we expect to see the PVC sets on shelf? I'm sure you've answered this before but we really haven't talked abotu the PVC sets as much as we should.

In June/July I think. Between Series 4 and 5.

10) I'm planning on using my PVCs with the new Muppets Monopoly cause I've always hated the little silver game-pieces in the Monopoly games.. ok, that's not really a quesiton, but like I said we don't talk about the PVCs enough and I wanted to mention my distaste for the little silver pieces in the Monopoly games.
They are huge. Thog is a weapon.

11) What's the nicest thing you could say about one of the Palisades lines (besides Muppets)?
Space Chanel 5 is Palisades best sleeper line. Tons of articulation packed into small, well sculpted anime style girls. Awesome.

12) A lot of people have made suggestions/wish lists/ requests for favorite figures, what one character would you most like to see get made?
Dirth Nader. Although I doubt we will ever be able to do it.

13) Which figure in series 5 do you think will have the best accessories?
Pepe.

14) What foreign language did you study in high school?
None. I talked the principal into believing that art was really a language in and of itself and that I should be allowed to study it more than, say, Spanish. So he made a special exemption for me and I took independent study classes in art and art history.

15) If you had one playset to redo which would it be and what would you different?
Muppet Labs. Everything. Needs to be more real.

16) What's then nicest thing you could say about any another toy company (any one) that's out there?
Toy Biz pushes the envelope with every release and continues to excel despite the suits ultimately being the ones in charge. That's amazing to me.

17) A lot of people have been making Muppet customs of there own, do you have any favorites that you've seen?
Wonder Pig, Kermit Skywalker, Emmit Otter original sculpts.

18) I know you spent some time going back and watching some of the old TMS and MT episodes. Are there any specific episodes/moments/ guets stars who stick out in your mind as being favorites?
I loved MT. I know a lot of people didn't, but I thought it was tight and funny and had very good production values. Loved the Robot Lincoln bit with B and B in Ghostbuster style garb.

19) Did you notice that I skipped question 8 earlier?
Nope.

20) Have you enjoyed answering these questions?
It's been interesting.

21) Which question was the easiest to answer?
This one.

22) Which question was the hardest to answer?
How am I?

23) Are you glad it's over now?
You bet.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
17) A lot of people have been making Muppet customs of there own, do you have any favorites that you've seen?
Wonder Pig, Kermit Skywalker, Emmit Otter original sculpts.
Were these posted over at Palisades? I would love to see them!!!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Nate, some were posted here.

Product location for ya:
Tower Records at Peabody Place downtown has the Muppet Figures (among other neat figures) as well as the new Dark Crystal book re-release!! They have other Brian Froud books, too.

Kev/FOZ

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nate, perhaps this'll help you out.

Artayes posted the pictures of his Emmet Otter figure, original sculpt in a thread titled thusly over at the Palisades forum in the Muppets section. It'll just take you a lot of searching to find it.

The link for Kermit Skywalker was posted here at Muppet Central's Action Figures section, but I don't remember the forum member who posted it, just dig around here and there as well in the MC forum.

As for WonderPig...
First, Artayes posted thread here in MC's Action figures section a long time ago under his MC alterego, MrTheFrog.
Secondly, a fellow Palisades forum member, Wonderpiglover, posted a thread at the Palisades board as well.
And finally, our own Gonzo or Quinn posted a thread at Palisades with a referal linking thread here at MC called "My five days of customs: Day 3" where he showed off his wery lovely wersion of WonderPig.
Hope that helps somewhat, and have a good day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't rully have anything to say fright now. Just wanted to wish the forum a happy but belated birthday on passing its 1st anniversary on April 12, 2003. And how do I plan on celebrating? By posting post #6060 in the glorious Ask Ken thread! Have a good one.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
Nate, perhaps this'll help you out.

Artayes posted the pictures of his Emmet Otter figure, original sculpt in a thread titled thusly over at the Palisades forum in the Muppets section. It'll just take you a lot of searching to find it.
Thanks count. I had seen the others, just not the Emmet Otter. Unfortunatly, I can't do a search for "Emmet Otter", as both are too short in letter length to allow the computer to search for them.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Artie, Mr The Frog, created the Emmet Otter figure. Does that help?

radionate

Reaction score
I'll search thru his posts. That might make things a little easier. :wink: