Ask Ken at Palisades

MikeBatesmen

Reaction score
Superhero Scooter won't be offered, only Tour Animal. The CC is for Trade Show Exclusives not retail/ToyFare ones.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, Ken!

I forgot what you said once about licensing Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock out, not in conjunction with TMS figures, but as two seperate other lines?

FOZ
:embarrassed:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Fraggles did not gain enough retail interest and SS may be a possibility down the line. That's pretty much how it went. I think the Muppets have to gain momentum before they consider a SS line. It would probably be more expensive too.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Sesame is a different property owned by a different company and is much a hotter property than the Muppet Show brand these days. Thought that part was self-explanatory - you don't see any Chicken Dance Fozzies out there do ya? LOL! I shudder at the thought. Anyway, Sesame is really big business; the Muppet Show is still at a cult status these days. :embarrassed:

Wander McMooch

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Fraggles did not gain enough retail interest and SS may be a possibility down the line.
I hope that changes eventually. I've been watching a lot of the old Fraggle Rock episodes, and I'm feeling mighty sentimental. A Travelling Matt, along with Gobo, Red, Wembly, Mokey, Boober, and Cantus, would be perfect. Oh, and Sprocket too!

As for Sesame Street, I've already said how much I'd dig them...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
They could do a solid year's worth of figures with at least 3 playsets. Doc's house. Doozer contruction in a Fraggle cave and the Gorg's garden with the Trash Heap. They could make them all lock together. And there are certainly 16 characters to carry a year's worth of figures. Once Henson decides to make the Fraggles an active property here in America, there could be enough interest. :smirk: :excited:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Sesame is a different property owned by a different company and is much a hotter property than the Muppet Show brand these days. Thought that part was self-explanatory - you don't see any Chicken Dance Fozzies out there do ya? LOL! I shudder at the thought. Anyway, Sesame is really big business; the Muppet Show is still at a cult status these days. :embarrassed:
You mean Disney doesn't own both Classic Muppets and Sesame Street? I had no idea! *faints dead away*

Seriously, when you said SST figures would likely cost more I thought you meant they would cost consumers more than Muppet figures. SST could charge more for their license, but there is also the possibility that because they have more merchandise and more licenesees they may be savy enough to give a smaller market like collectible figures a different deal than they would make with for something like Chicken Dance Elmo. If the license does cost more, the larger audience might allow Palisades to make up that cost easily. SST has always had tons of products for preschoolers, but they've also done a lot of merchandise for the collector market. That experience might make for a very fair deal and it might even be a more profitable line for Palisades. Who knows? It's all just speculation at this point.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Bottom line is - unless the Muppet Show line drums up more business, I can't see Palisades investing in any other Muppet-type properties. It would be cool. :smile: