Ask Ken at Palisades

Wander McMooch

Reaction score
Deal Me In!

This looks like so much fun. I'm basing my pics on the general formula used so far -- two "main" characters (Kermit, Gonzo) paired with two "obsure" characters (Crazy Harry, Link Hogthrob). Anyway, here's my choices (based on probability, of course, and keeping in mind that Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, and Jim Henson Hour Muppets are a no-no right now):

Series 7
1) Captain Smollet (Kermit from MTI)
2) Dr. Phil Van Neuter
3) Mulch
4) Tuxedo Animal
5) Robot Kermit the Frog (with Wind-Up Key)

Series 8
1) Bear on Patrol Fozzie Bear
2) Regular Sam the Eagle with Podium
3) Marvin Suggs with Muppaphones and Mallet
4) Bean Bunny
5) Tuxedo Fozzie Bear with agent Irving Bizarre

PLAYSET - Backstage Door (with Pops the Doorman and Gaffer)

Series 9
1) Motorcycle Piggy with Motorcycle (from GMC)
2) Robin
3) Lewis Kazagger
4) Bobbity (Blue Frackle)
5) Bobbity (Purple Frackle variant)

Series 10
1) Regular Rowlf with Upright Piano
2) Nurse Piggy
3) Uncle Deadly
4) Clueless Morgan with Polly Lobster
5) Dr. Bob Rowlf

PLAYSET - Veterinarian's Hospital Stage (with Nurse Janice)

Series 11
1) Gonzo w/ Flashing Camera (from GMC)
2) Sweetums
3) Johnny Fiama
4) Sal Manilla
5) Mad Hatter Gonzo with Doormouse Chicken

It was harder than I thought to get everyone in; I had to make some sacrifices. I couldn't come up with anything to pack in with Mahna Mahna or a Snowth, so they really would have to come in a three-pack or something. Past Series 12 (sales willing), how about a Moulin Scrooge assortment or maybe even...should I dare?...Lobbuck Lou and his Jug Huggers?

GWGumby

Reaction score
I'm surprised to see so many suggestions for MTI -- especially Kermit from MTI. I'd never heard much discussion about that particular Kermit variant before now, but he's showing up in a ton of lists.

Is everyone just copying from someone else?

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
I'm surprised to see so many suggestions for MTI -- especially Kermit from MTI. I'd never heard much discussion about that particular Kermit variant before now, but he's showing up in a ton of lists.

Is everyone just copying from someone else?
Palisades opened it up by giving us Sam Arrow...if they hadn't done that, I wouldn't be as keen on getting more of them. But because they HAVE, and I really like the look of that figure, I'd love to see some others. Ken already said in another thread (actually, maybe this one) that he'd like to put a Gonzo/Rizzo MTI two-pack out sometime in 2004....if we got those two and Sam, I'd like to see at least Kermit, and possibly Piggy and Fozzie in MTI gear.

I'd really rather see those than most other movie versions...I think the Muppets Take Manhattan Piggy would scare me. Except the wedding version. HINT.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnn

bzahlong

Reaction score
This is off the wall a little, but what about Statler and Waldorf as some sort of Christmastime exclusive as the ghosts of the Marley Brothers from MCC? Those would be cool...

Matt

gaffercat

Reaction score
Is Lips going to be only available through the collectors club? i dont think that is fair that i should have to shell out even more money to become a member to keep collecting the figures. maybe have the repaint a collectors club item but not the reg Lips, would make more money if he availalble to the public. I just hope this isnt the case or i just may rethink collecting these figs

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
If YOU had to plan out Series 7-11, what would you put in? You are alloted 4 character slots per series, one exclusive per series of a character variation, and 2 playsets.
Okay, let's see...

Series 7
Bear on Patrol Fozzie
Bear on Patrol Link
Johnny Fiama
Sal
EXC: Manhattan Melodies Kermit

Series 8
Hollywood Producer (Afro) Kermit
Nurse Piggy
Nurse Janice
Uncle Deadly
EXC: Tux Dr. Teeth

PLAYSET: Vet's Hospital with "Dr. Bob" Rowlf

Series 9
Exploded Beaker
Sweetums with Robin
Pops with Gaffer
Lips
EXC: Baby Kermit/Baby Piggy two-pack

Series 10
Charles Dickens Gonzo with Apple Peddler Rizzo
Sam the Eagle
Security Guard Bobo
Marvin Suggs
EXC: Mad Hatter Gonzo

PLAYSET: Happiness Hotel with Bellhop Scooter

Series 11
Rowlf the Dog
Marching Band Suit Pepe
Bean Bunny
Seymour
EXC: Tux Fozzie with "Chucky"

P.S.- Like others, I tried to not really look through other lists before compiling mine...so as I look back at some that were posted while I was thinking and deciding, it's eerie how a lot of us are on the same wavelength. :smile:

And to answer a concern, I think it was established that whoever the Internet exclusive character will be, they will be available to non-Club members as well.....do I have that right?

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Originally posted by gaffercat
Is Lips going to be only available through the collectors club? i dont think that is fair that i should have to shell out even more money to become a member to keep collecting the figures. maybe have the repaint a collectors club item but not the reg Lips, would make more money if he availalble to the public. I just hope this isnt the case or i just may rethink collecting these figs
No one knows if the secret figure is Lips yet. He would be an internet exclusive not Collectors Club exclusive. I think Ken said club members might get a discount on the mystery figure.

beaker

Reaction score
...Series 121

*Chicken Liver
*Scred
*Joe the Armadillo
*MFS sandwich

exclusive: Two Bossmen playset

And what's this about Palisades not having the rights to JHH? I dont think so...if it's a Muppet Show(TMS, MT, JHH) I believe its in the contract.

Two, whoever said Bean Bunny with Waldo packin is a genuis.
That would definately be great, especially as not to long ago Bean Bunny was a main character.

Three, does *anyone* actually remember what Digit looks like? If so, I guarantee he would be much higher on some of your lists.
Why am I the only one who can see this would make an astonishingly cool sculpt. It is pretty obvious Jim Henson Hour characters were some of the most unique and interesting Muppets ever created...just look at em(also there is digit in there):
http://www.muppetcentral.com/_images/performers/henson_jhh.jpg you got a hacker techno android, a gothic punk chick,
a mechanical gizmo wiz bird, a hipster lizard, and other offbeat characters.

Oh, and heres Waldo, the first ever cgi Muppet for those who dont know.
http://www.muppetcentral.com/_images/muppets/kermit_waldo.jpg

Sadly, from the 1989 Secrets Behind JHC special that showed the real time cgi of Waldo to Dec 2001 real time cgi Muppets...the look of the real time cgi looks the same.

Finally, since Palisades is coming out with Lobsters, Chickens, Koozebanes, and robot character packins...I think it would be assumable penguins and *hopefully* frackles arent far behind. I mean how hard would it be to tool just one penguin as a packin?
Ok, Frackles arent that small...so scratch that as a character packin. I just think Uncle Deadly, Mahna Mahna, Boppity/Gloat Frackle, Doglion, Digit, Bean Bunny, *ANYBODY* would make a much cooler sculpt than Marvin 'second only to elmo and harvey kneeslapper as annoying' Suggs, or boring arse humaoid characters like Pops, Wayne/Wanda, George the Janitor, etc. I say put a moritorium on humanoid characters after Statler and Waldorf.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
And what's this about Palisades not having the rights to JHH? I dont think so.
Sorry, but this information came from Mr. Lilly himself. What can you do?