Ask Ken at Palisades

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Ken,

Do you think that the Macy's ballon, The Christmas Movie, and the recent free DVD of the Muppets on cerals will help the Palisades line in adveristising and promotion?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I think Palisades should really get together with the other licensee's and push for something like this to happen because it's a wasted opportunity.
You might be suprised to know that we have contacted other licensee's and to date there is very little, if any, interest in any kind of teaming up for promotions and publicity sake. It is astounding to me.

C'irdan

Reaction score
lips

Hey Ken...are you planning on making Lips? You know the yellow hared afro guy who plays trumpet in The Electric Mayhem? He was very prominent in The Great Muppet Caper and in A Muppet Family Christmas...you should make him not long after Janice because fans will be gettin pretty itchy! Also the idea of the playsets fitting behind the stage is a fantastic idea and I truly hope that's what you do!:big_grin:

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
Finally! A response that shines a promising light on Lips! Forgive me if you've mentioned it before Ken. I'm just really stoked to see you're actually considering him!
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
well there's also fozzie's studabaker, and a EM church? Nah, a kermit swamp set could be cool,Dog.
As much as I would LOVE the EM church from TMM ( I can picture it!) I think two EM playsets might be a little unfair. At least early in the line. OF course later on this ROCK!
<Hypnotic voice to Ken> You waant to make the church, you waaant to maaake the chuuurch...

J~

grail

Reaction score
i would LOVE to see the church...but talk about a logistical nightmare. can you imagine the kind of crap Palisades would get for making a CHURCH...the religious people would get upset because it's not being used like a church, and the non-religious people would be upset that a church was made as a playset. someone would inevitably complain, and loudly.

furthermore, in regards to the stage playset. if we were still ONLY getting Muppet Show figures, i would absolutely say, "bring on the deluxe stage". however, with the addition of the movie licenses, the playing field has been changed. the entire "hook" to the deluxe stage is being able to put the other playsets in it so you can re-enact the Muppet Show. so where does the EM Bus fit into that? or the ship? or Happiness Hotel? you see where i'm going with this?

if you're going to have a hook, you'd better make sure you're using the right bait...the movie stuff just doesn't fit with the stage concept, making the idea self-limiting. i think Gumby may be on to something though in making the actual stage the "back wall" of the set. Palisades could even include a platform that raises whichever playset you're using to stage level fairly cheaply...with maybe a fake wall that you can move back and forth, or even remove depending on what you're doing at the time. to echo what others have said though, i have YET to be disappointed with Palisades, and i'm sure that whatever they do it's going to be excellent. i'm just thrilled they had the...commitment to ask the fans for input. you don't see that very often.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bean Bunny
Ken,

Do you think that the Macy's ballon, The Christmas Movie, and the recent free DVD of the Muppets on cerals will help the Palisades line in adveristising and promotion?
It would be great if it did! I hope so...

Gonzo

Reaction score
Ken,

I've got a question about the EM Stage Playset and the EM Bus Playset: is Animal's Drum Set removable from the stage? From what I've heard it's not. With that, is the plan with the Bus still to have a small stage with it/attached to it/unfolding from it? I know that was being batted around, and don't know if you can answer it or not.

If the drum set from the stage is permanently affixed, and if we're getting a small performance space with the bus, maybe y'all could throw in a little drum for Animal to play? Some bongos, or a snare drum that would go around his neck, or something for him to do with the rest of the band.

Then again, he could just chase groupies.

I think I'll go to TRU and look for Series 2.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
i would LOVE to see the church...but talk about a logistical nightmare. can you imagine the kind of crap Palisades would get for making a CHURCH...the religious people would get upset because it's not being used like a church, and the non-religious people would be upset that a church was made as a playset. someone would inevitably complain, and loudly.
I don't know, they did make the First Church of Springfeild, and had Ned Flanders come with a Bible.

As for Lips, it would be great to see him. He did only appear in the 5th and final season of TMS, so he wasn't so prominant there, as in GMC, and so forth.

regaurdless, I would like to see Lips done by the end of the deal.