Ask Ken at Palisades

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by bc-fraggle
Okay my question is who is Saban and do they produce toys of their own? I really couldn't see them discontinuing the Palisade Muppet lines as they are a fast selling success
Lets remember Saban doesn't own the Muppets yet. You are getting all giddy over a press release and most of them are only part fact/part fiction. Bandai made all of Saban's toys when he owned the entertainment company which made 'Power Rangers' etc but he is no longer part of that anymore. We'll see what happens when it actually happens.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
BC, Drtooth, setlle down...it was a JOKE...there's no need to worry about it :smile:

go check out the series 2 figures in today's daily bit and you'll feel better :big_grin:

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
About the Dark Crystal license. It isn't that we need to go get the license or take it from someone. An action figure license was offered to us...we said no. Three main reasons. One, the guarantee money was too high, way too high to take the risk. Two, the Sideshow product is not all off the shelf, which will probably result in markdowns and makes us question what kind of fan base there is for the license. Three, because having spoken to several key retailers most said they probably would pass on buying it.

None of that is relevant to the fact that I personally would love to work on those figures. But it is similar to Resident Evil. I love that game. Loved working on the figures. But sales were so dismal on S3 that we are probably gonna lose out on that one.

Sometimes it isn't about how cool something is...it is how much retail support, licensor support and fan support a property has. That explains why a line like Power Rangers makes someone rich. Have you ever looked at those things?
True, true... I foget I have a bad habit of forgetting about silly things like cost and sales when it comes to wanting to produce a cool product. I guess that's why I'm a designer instead of a salesman huh?:wink: I can see where you're coming from though. And yes, Aughra's observatory would put a smile on my face for years...I have to agree with the other recent posters. I'm sure the reason SS's Jen and Kira figures have performed so poorly is because of the likeness (or lack thereof). We have a local retail shop that specializes in Faerie and angel themed art and merch. My wife and I were in there shortly after the SS figures came out and I mentioned them to the shop owner who got very excited. She got on-line right then and asked where she could find them so I told her. Talk about a burst bubble! She thought they looked horrible and said she wouldn't put "those" in her shop unless they "fixed them". But enough about that. I didn't come here to bash SS. I came here to praise Palisades. Ya'll ROCK!
J~

GWGumby

Reaction score
I find it interesting from some of the recent posts that the many of the audience for Dark Crystal figures did not buy the Sideshow figures. I would count myself in the group of people who want DC figures and didn't buy Sideshow. A few posts on this board are not going to convince Palisades to make figures, but I do find it intriguing that the people who want the figures have passed on what's currently available.

I'm still haven't figured out who the Muppet Busts are supposed to be for. I have heard a lot of praise in this community about them and their sculpts, yet I've only seen a mere handful of people who are set to purchase them. I would love to have them, but the justification of the price as well as display space just doesn't add up.

In other words, it's always possible that the product a license is pushing can miss its target audience. I think that's what the Sideshow DC dolls did. Were someone to make DC figures similar to Palisade's Muppet Figures, I'd definitely snap them up and I'm sure many who passed on the Sideshow dolls would as well. I don't think Sideshow's figures are indicative of DC figures not having selling potential. I think it's more indicative of attempting to market the wrong product.

My dream is that Palisades in the future will be able to extend into the Henson Universe and do a mix of things like DC and Labrynth figures along with other Muppets.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Stryder Wolfe
BC, Drtooth, setlle down...it was a JOKE...there's no need to worry about it
go check out the series 2 figures in today's daily bit and you'll feel better :big_grin:
I'm releived now, and I do feel better (action figure wise, anyway.)

The figures, made me feel better, dispite the fack it gave me a yearning sensation!

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
Getting off the DC soap box, Let me put in yet another vote for Lipps.
I was originally only going to get the Electric Mayhem stuff (so as not to spend a fortune on the entire line) but the more I look at the other figures/playsets and hear about what's coming up I'm wavering. But I think with the importance the EM seems to be playing in the line - 1 or 2 members in each of the first assortments and 2 playsets? I think I sense some favoritism here Ken. - The band should be complete.
Are there going to be other accesories with the EM bus besides Janet and her gear? I know several posters (including you Ken) have mentioned things like tambourines, Acoustic Guitar, Clarinet, and Mics/Mic Stands. How about throwing the smaller stuff like the Mics/Stands and a tambourine in the bus.And as far as an alternate instrument for Zoot I'd have to say a flute. I have a lot of musician friends and every sax player I've ever known also plays flute. Besides a flute would be cheaper to produce than anothe size sax or a clarinet. Maybe even a Beer Pitcher-Tip Bucket or is the 'Mayhem too big for a Tip Bucket?
J~

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
Oh yeah, There's nothing in the news about any movement towards a setlement with the West Coast port fiasco this morning. Has anyone heard anything encouriging?
J~

tomahawk

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hairfarmer
Oh yeah, There's nothing in the news about any movement towards a setlement with the West Coast port fiasco this morning. Has anyone heard anything encouriging?
J~
yes, they are going back to work. but remember they have about 200 ships to unload. here's hoping series two is on the first ship.

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
Originally posted by tomahawk
yes, they are going back to work. but remember they have about 200 ships to unload. here's hoping series two is on the first ship.
And they only have 80 days to do it too! Isn't that how long the "cooling off' period lasts? In 80 they could go right back to a lock out.

jf